Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The Fleetwood Gets Some New Iron  (Read 596 times)

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
The Fleetwood Gets Some New Iron
« on: June 07, 2019, 03:18:36 PM »
A package arrived today from Nolensville, TN.

Although it’s like putting an LT5 Corvette motor in a rusty ‘74 Camaro, this upgrade has been long overdue.

Time to get down to business. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

foshizzle

• WKC Brave
Re: The Fleetwood Gets Some New Iron
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 03:33:58 PM »
That’s nice. That grate looks solid. Looks like those bars came out of a max security prison.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JPotter

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 04:30:05 PM »
High quality. I just bought a 22 n was amazed . Congrats on the new grill . Will last forever

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

jdubb

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 04:34:36 PM »
Where did you the grate from? The grate in mine is pretty rusted and not sure if its worth trying to clean up, so i was thinking about buying a new one but i know there are pretty pricey. 
ISO: Blue 22in MBH.  Green 22in MBH

DrewZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 04:40:55 PM »
Beautiful WW
Drew Z.
70th Anniversary-SSP, A-Code GA, Snap On GA, Blue 18" OTG, Eagles SJ, 18" Tuck-N-Carry Midget, 3-burner Genny Jr., S-320

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 04:55:20 PM »
Thanks. I’ve had the 26 for a while, but the grate was on its way out so I never really cooked on it much.

@JPotter yeah my dad got one for his birthday weeks back and when I saw it in person I was really impressed with the build quality. This one didn’t sit quite flat on the ground, but a little warping is common when welding stainless. It sits flat on the grate straps so I’m super happy with it.

@jdubb it’s a KillaGrilla grate. Heavy duty 304 SS. It’s not much more than the plated aftermarket one that Weber is apparently offering again.

jdubb

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2019, 05:58:28 PM »
ISO: Blue 22in MBH.  Green 22in MBH

JPotter

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 11:47:45 PM »
Thanks. I’ve had the 26 for a while, but the grate was on its way out so I never really cooked on it much.

@JPotter yeah my dad got one for his birthday weeks back and when I saw it in person I was really impressed with the build quality. This one didn’t sit quite flat on the ground, but a little warping is common when welding stainless. It sits flat on the grate straps so I’m super happy with it.

@jdubb it’s a KillaGrilla grate. Heavy duty 304 SS. It’s not much more than the plated aftermarket one that Weber is apparently offering again.

Huh I'll have to check mine out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Weber Kettle Club mobile app