Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Oops. I need a thermometer recommendation  (Read 1159 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Oops. I need a thermometer recommendation
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2019, 04:00:24 AM »

The pro is a little longer and has backlit screen. Not worth the increase in price over standard imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I think it is supposed to read a little faster too? My buddy has the regular one. I should run a test!

It also auto rotates the display based on whether your using it in your right or left hand.

Sent from my Pixel using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I got my mother a pro as a gift a couple years ago. I’ve used it and didn’t notice a difference but it would be a good test to try them out simultaneously which I haven’t done. Let us know what you find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2019, 02:25:37 PM »
Wow, how drunk were you?  I’ve drank a lot of beer at the grill but haven’t melted my instant read yet[emoji12][emoji41][emoji481]

It wasn't alcohol, it was extreme fatigue on account of the horrific hours they've been working me.  In all seriousness, besides the melted thermometer, it's been taking a serious toll on my health.

I'm leaning towards getting a Thermapen Pro because the backlit screen would be a big help with all of the after dark cooking I do between the early sunsets during fall and winter and again because of my work hours.  "Midnight barbecue" with a couple of my friends is something of a tradition now.  Thanks for all the recommendations.  I'll be paying a visit to my usual BBQ shop later in the week after pay day.

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2019, 11:35:21 AM »
I think @Lightning pic needs to go to Thermapen. Maybe they will use it as marketing material and send him a freebie ;)

Seriously guy, don't let them work you to death. Your health is more important than their success. Been there, done that, won't be doing it again.
Beer! It's what's for dinner...