Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New grill on the market "What are your thoughts"  (Read 947 times)

Easy

• WKC Brave
New grill on the market "What are your thoughts"
« on: May 03, 2019, 09:22:35 AM »
 OK I  read the one and only So far review on the BBQ Guys site and it was not overly kind to this grill. I like it's compact size, i like the cast iron grate as it looks so different than most grates,  Has a 10 year warranty and nice side self set up off stainless steel .  I did see one assembly video on U Tube not much to say there I would like to hear how it cooks, heat control, vent control, those type of things. I guess time will tell us more than we really need to know right.

https://www.bbqguys.com/napoleon/pro-22-inch-freestanding-charcoal-kettle-grill-pro22k-cart-2?ef_id=EAIaIQobChMIzLSNr-v_4QIVSb7ACh1GLwVfEAYYAiABEgI4pfD_BwE:G:s&s_kwcid=AL!5468!3!294731637074!!!g!397802434531!&product_id=2988525&merchant_id=3173333&creative=294731637074&target=&placement=&device=c&campaign=1558352392&adgroup=64643329132&source=google&medium=cpc&species=shopping-ad&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzLSNr-v_4QIVSb7ACh1GLwVfEAYYAiABEgI4pfD_BwE

Very long link sorry

wgjones3

• Smokey Joe
Re: New grill on the market "What are your thoughts"
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 10:45:43 AM »
I'm a cast iron fanatic when it comes to skillets and indoor cooking, but I really don't want a cast iron grill grate. I'm happy with regular grill grates. I don't want a hinged lid, either. I want a Weber Master Touch but I don't want the lid bale. I'm a weirdo.

I do like the thermometer placement on the Napoleon more than Weber's, as well as the included heat deflector. Those are both nice features, IMO.

If the quality is equal then it really comes down to features and price. I like Weber, but I also like my 14" Old Smokey enough that I probably won't be buying a WSM anytime soon.

CurtP

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 11:51:27 AM »
I'd rather have another Stok Tower, and that was a POS that only lasted a year.

For that kind of money, I'd get a Weber 26er.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 12:46:36 PM »
I HATE super huge logos on a product, like on that thing.  If someone gave it to me, I'd flip it.  If someone convinced me it was worth keeping, I'd cover up that HUGE logo.
regards,
Hal

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 12:57:24 PM »
That's been around for a few years.
2 cooking heights.
I've always liked Nappy's wavy grates.
Your turner can approach from any angle and not get hung up.

I agree on the logo.
Of course just the Weber's unmistakable shape is their logo!

Also agree on the Weber 26.
I'm really beginning to appreciate the extra real estate.
(Now I gotta get a Ranch)

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 04:28:21 PM »
I have read more on this grill but nothing about its cooking ability. I would really like to see a cook off  between a Weber performer and this Napoleon model to see the good and bad points of the two during a few cooks hot fast, low slow, two zone, things like that everyday cooks you would do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 01:10:02 PM »
Here's a vid of the Less $$ model.
They share many features.

https://youtu.be/eNObfbeJdc4

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 06:43:37 PM »
It has some great features I like the grate,  and the adjustable height ides is handy, hinged lid is great to.
But I want to some one cook on one. See how good it does or does not. How bad it leaks, can it hold temps, you basics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app