Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Tonight's cook *pic heavy  (Read 846 times)

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
Tonight's cook *pic heavy
« on: April 15, 2019, 06:17:26 PM »
Reverse seared eye of ribeye

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 07:05:19 PM »
Currently cooking some chicken but it doesn't look appetizing anymore once  i saw this. Can't really get any better than eye of ribeye.
Dude thanks for ruining my dinner [emoji3]
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 07:10:27 PM by Jules V. »

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 09:41:47 PM »
It doesn’t get any better than this! Matt, you’ve beautifully elevated that dish. Exceptional! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Tonight's cook *pic heavy
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 02:57:57 AM »
It looks awesome, I need to know how you incorporated or served the Huitlacoche. I see it on the steak but is that how it appears once warmed/cooked
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 03:03:06 AM »
Jeezus man, you nailed that meal!! [emoji106]
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 03:24:02 AM »

It looks awesome, I need to know how you incorporated or served the Huitlacoche. I see it on the steak but is that how it appears once warmed/cooked

I will take a guess and say he used it to make a compound butter. Just guessing.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Cellar2ful

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 07:07:34 AM »
I had no idea what Huitlacoche is.  Googled it.  For anyone else like me that didn't know what it was. Read this in your best Cliff Clavin voice, beginning with "You know Normy, it's a little known fact that Huitlacochre is............"

"Pronounced whee-tla-KO-cheh, huitlacoche is also known as corn mushroom, corn smut or Mexican truffle. It is a fungus, which randomly grows on organic corn (not sprayed with any fungicide). It is rare, as it develops on the corn ears as they ripen after the rainy season or an errant rainstorm."

My thing is wine (as indicated by my handle).  Huitacoche is like Botrytis or Noble Rot in the world of desert wines.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 08:56:21 AM »

I will take a guess and say he used it to make a compound butter. Just guessing.

Yeah, it's a compound butter; but Matt went all "Iron Chef" with it.  8)

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2019, 09:36:58 AM »

Yeah, it's a compound butter; but Matt went all "Iron Chef" with it.  8)
... Mike, Ha! 70 plus hours a week I cook what the guests want and posture self and crew to keep the chef/owner off perusing other ventures and "out of the way".
Family meals and weekend cooks are the only times I get to cook for the love of cooking and the process to put a piece of self on the plate as it's my easiest for of expression.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

griz400

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2019, 02:40:43 AM »
nice pair of steaks .......