Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Sloroller  (Read 275 times)

Lumpy Coal

• WKC Ranger
Sloroller
« on: April 01, 2021, 12:51:35 AM »
So, it’s been a long while since I’ve been on this forum as I dove into the world of kamados...still have a kettle though.  My question is, has anyone seen and tried the Sloroller kettle attachment from Kamado Joe?

https://dicksonbbq.com/products/sloroller-for-22-kettle-grills?_pos=59&_sid=20ca0fca8&_ss=r

It looks pretty much like what I was trying to achieve with my double kettle stacker mod years ago.   

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=18456.msg184144#msg184144

Looks like a great accessory for the kettle!  Anyways, I remember trying to create the perfect smoking setup for my kettles and really would have love this Sloroller back then. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 01:04:49 AM by Lumpy Coal »

leeharvey418

• WKC Brave
Re: Sloroller
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 03:44:26 AM »
I'm very skeptical of the 'Harvard science' nonsense that Kamado Joe uses to pitch the SloRoller.  I'm sure that it's good for raising the cooking surface and providing a heat shield between the charcoal and the food, which is its real benefit.  They hyperbolic shape looks neat, but I'd bet good money that it actually increases the rate of heat transfer out of the grill as the smoke passes through it. 
2020 26" OKP; 2006 Q 200 Silver; 1997 Red Mist SSP; 2000 22” Plum OTG; and I'm gonna call it a 1975 Smokey Joe

rc

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 04:01:07 AM »
Looks like the Kamado Joe SloRoller is a giant heat sink. Absorbs the heat and slowly releases it to maintain a constant temp. Similar to the WSM water pan. None the less pretty cool to see companies innovate.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 10:01:15 AM »
I would wait unless you enjoy being an early adopter of gadgets. One big drawback of a Kamado is the hot spot where the heat passes around the deflector/body of the kettle. This slow roller on a kettle could introduce that drawback on a kettle. Kamados are less affected by this because they are vastly superior to retaining heat, so the fire below is significantly smaller. Finally, I don’t trust Harvard engineering as an alum of the superior school down the street and across town. Lol.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 10:07:57 AM »
This one was designed with engineering data from the dazzo school of hard knocks
Dude, relax your chicken.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2021, 10:10:32 AM »
I would wait unless you enjoy being an early adopter of gadgets. One big drawback of a Kamado is the hot spot where the heat passes around the deflector/body of the kettle. This slow roller on a kettle could introduce that drawback on a kettle. Kamados are less affected by this because they are vastly superior to retaining heat, so the fire below is significantly smaller. Finally, I don’t trust Harvard engineering as an alum of the superior school down the street and across town. Lol.
Go MIT !!!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 11:40:02 AM »