Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Aura Outdoors EZ Light Stainless Steel Charcoal Grate  (Read 1468 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Aura Outdoors EZ Light Stainless Steel Charcoal Grate
« on: September 30, 2018, 03:54:57 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV0d-U19-l4

It it necessary? No.
Is it a really nice upgrade for your favorite kettle? Yes.

$34.95

Link to purchase- https://amzn.to/2O24QyR From the website:
Start your kettle easier and keep it burning longer with the EZ Light Bottom Charcoal Grate! Replace your beat up old version and get this new upgraded and easy to use charcoal grate.
Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Rod Construction - Long lasting and hard wearing. No rusting!
Designed to let your grill breathe right. No more clogs and easier temperature adjustments Built in fire starter channels.
Place your starter cubes in the channels and then cover with charcoal. It couldn't be easier!
Designed to fit the Weber Kettle as a CHARCOAL GRATE, this is not designed as a cooking surface.
This grate is 17 inches in diameter and is the same size as the OEM charcoal grate Replace that rusted our charcoal grate or baskets and give yourself an upgrade.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 07:03:40 AM by Troy »
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

BBQ Jack

• WKC Brave
Re: Aura Outdoors EZ Light Stainless Steel Charcoal Grate
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2018, 05:14:24 AM »
Weber has a version of this that they sell in the euro market, for some reason they don't want to sell it to us here. Weber is a strange company. Maybe this will change their mind.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2018, 07:51:14 PM »

Weber has a version of this that they sell in the euro market, for some reason they don't want to sell it to us here. Weber is a strange company. Maybe this will change their mind.

Used to be available in the US (although not SS).

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 07:18:48 AM »
My question is WHY? I don't care for all the "gimmicks" out there. Been doing grilling and BBQing for more years than that contraption has been around for sure. Never a problem. Save your money.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2018, 05:43:53 AM »
I have one of the Weber originals. Not a big deal considering most people use a chimney.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2018, 05:59:17 AM »
Captjoe06 sent me this Rapidfire grate for the 18” a couple years ago. 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 07:27:08 AM »
I have the kit for a 22 except it's still in box

[attachment deleted by admin]
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 10:35:42 AM »
I use lump primarily and prefer stainless charcoal grates so it works great for me. Don't have any use for the channels but being stainless and the tines closer together justify the cost.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2018, 03:30:03 AM »
I use lump primarily and prefer stainless charcoal grates so it works great for me. Don't have any use for the channels but being stainless and the tines closer together justify the cost.

I poo-pooed this product at first. I too, primarily use lump and use a chimney. But yes, the stainless and closer tines have their definite merits. Hmmm, after thinking about this, I may be eating my previous words...
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2018, 11:11:02 AM »
I believe this charcoal grate has a place for people that aren't trying to save money and may have one kettle that they want to spoil.  I have the heavy duty stainless charcoal baskets on the same grill (the Ivory) as this one.  Are the necessary?  Do I use the recessed spots for lighter cubes? No and no.  I use a chimney but this is my favorite grill and for the amount of happiness it brings me looking at it, I've spent way more on a couple drinks at the local pub.  I think for anyone that was building "the ultimate grill"  this charcoal grate would be the one used.

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2018, 11:39:01 AM »
I believe this charcoal grate has a place for people that aren't trying to save money and may have one kettle that they want to spoil.  I have the heavy duty stainless charcoal baskets on the same grill (the Ivory) as this one.  Are the necessary?  Do I use the recessed spots for lighter cubes? No and no.  I use a chimney but this is my favorite grill and for the amount of happiness it brings me looking at it, I've spent way more on a couple drinks at the local pub.  I think for anyone that was building "the ultimate grill"  this charcoal grate would be the one used.
Same here.  I don't hesitate splurging on grates. On all except 1 of my 8 kettles in rotation, i spent  more on the cooking and charcoal grates than what i paid for each ketlles.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2018, 12:02:31 PM »

I poo-pooed this product at first. I too, primarily use lump and use a chimney. But yes, the stainless and closer tines have their definite merits. Hmmm, after thinking about this, I may be eating my previous words...
It's ok to change your mind. The 6 extra tines does make a big difference if you use lump. All of us probably have a hoard of extra weber charcoal grates but I'm not a fan of doubling it up.

Left- 21 tines weber
Center-27 tines  ss aura $35
Right -27 tines ss quality grill parts  $32