Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Sage Smokey Joe  (Read 2086 times)

fat-boy

• Smokey Joe
Re: Sage Smokey Joe
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2018, 10:00:38 AM »
Picked up this Sage Smokey Joe over the weekend.  Haven’t had time to clean it up yet.  Here is a sneak peek as it sits now.  I will post more once it’s done but it might be a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
Awesome save. My mom rescued this one, literally about to be tossed in the dumpster. Having no idea what it was, she used it as a planter for the summer. Upon seeing my eyes about bulge right out of my head seeing it, she let me have it.  The legs and mounting holes are rotten, but the rest of it is decent. I have a common black leg donor on the way and plan to use fender washers to mount the new legs. 

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SteveMBH

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2018, 09:11:27 PM »

Picked up this Sage Smokey Joe over the weekend.  Haven’t had time to clean it up yet.  Here is a sneak peek as it sits now.  I will post more once it’s done but it might be a while.

Awesome save. My mom rescued this one, literally about to be tossed in the dumpster. Having no idea what it was, she used it as a planter for the summer. Upon seeing my eyes about bulge right out of my head seeing it, she let me have it.  The legs and mounting holes are rotten, but the rest of it is decent. I have a common black leg donor on the way and plan to use fender washers to mount the new legs. 

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That is an awesome score!  The color is really unique.  I can’t believe yours was being used as a planter!

I haven’t had the chance to clean mine up yet, hoping to during Christmas break.  Can’t wait to see the restore on yours.

glend123

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2018, 07:32:08 AM »
Nice sage save.

Sent from my XT1254 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

22" yellow kettle, 26" brown kettle, 26" Black kettle, 22" Blue kettle, 22" red performer, 18" smoker, Ranger

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2018, 10:14:35 AM »
I can't believe I missed this thread. Great scores both of you.

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2018, 05:03:25 PM »
Very cool!

Sent from my Pixel using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.