Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Accessory Sneak Preview  (Read 6667 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Re: New Accessory Sneak Preview
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2018, 03:09:44 PM »

https://youtu.be/6_FS6Y1AST8

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Nice cook joe!  Can one of the baffles be removed for a full snake?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Yes they all clip in so you can arrange them any way you'd like

Sent from my SM-T670 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

SmokeVide

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2018, 03:40:03 PM »
I like the looks of it. Seems promising.
Brian
Seeking: 26 rotisserie

Larry The BBQ Guy

• WKC Brave
    • BBQitALL
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2018, 01:07:42 PM »
A big thanks to all the great WKC members who participated in the review of the BBQitALL snake ring. If I missed anyone who wanted to participate, my apologies! I really appreciate all the positive comments and all the different things that were cooked. I am leaving out all the positive stuff and just including a list of ALL the improvements mentioned. If I missed any, please post them or your review. Good news is that I will be able to make all improvements before shipping the production units.

Product:
Make it in a 26” version. @Troy  @Bob BQ , @Josh G @Mike in Roseville  @indy82z
Note: Done and tested. It now fits the 14”(2 sections),18”(3 sections),22” and 22.5 JJ(4 sections),26” (5 sections). Not yet tested in the giant Ranch.

Packaging:
- Reinforce the cardboard envelope. Thanks @Shoestringshop

Operation:
-Royal Oak briquettes may shorten advertised burn time. Thanks @Shoestringshop
-Works well with Weber briquettes. The fat ones. Thanks indy82z!

Manual:
-Include a note how to do a single row burn right in the quick start guide. Thanks captjoe06, bob BQ, and indy82z !
-Page 8 is an eyechart! Try to make the text bigger. Thanks Shoestring shop!

Other improvements I discovered indirectly during or before the process:
- Don't expect anyone to read the manual! Can't fight human nature. I am the same way.
- Make the sections from stiffer stainless. Done and sent out to all WKC testers for the above test.
- Attach the sections together with only two screws in shipping. Vern (local tester):
- Two BBQitAll’s or the 26" version will fit in a single envelope. Going to be sent to a Kickstarter customer in Australia. The ultimate ship test.
- Bend the decorative logo instead of gluing it.
- Add a blurb on the FAQs that answers the question: Will banking coals against the porcelain cause cracking or dulling? My experience with over 20 cooks with BBQitALL in the same 22" has been no but I will keep an eye on this one. BTW, Weber themselves instructs to do this for cooking large items:

https://www.weber.com/US/en/blog/tips-techniques/how-to-cook-a-turkey-on-a-kettle/weber-29476.html
26" Orig. Premium Black, 22" Orig. black, 22" Jumbo Joe black, 14" Smokey Joe black. More to come.

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
New Accessory Sneak Preview
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2018, 12:06:08 PM »
Larry,
            This is my review on the “bbq it all”.

1.      The packaging was a bit weak, but the “bbq it all” withheld the torture that USPS put it through.

2.      Upon opening it and only thumbing through the manual it was easy to build.

3.      Once built it looked like a big Jughead crown. (For all you younger WKC Members that was a comic most of us grew up with)

4.      Construction of the “bbq it all” was nice light and withheld the heat from the charcoal without damage. (I have used some other products that buckle under the heat from the charcoal but so far after one cook nothing)

5.      The manual is well written and very informative. I do wish (Page 8 COOKING GUIDE) was its own page as the print was small and I needed my reading glasses to see what I should set it for.

6.       The weather that day was 60 °F and a bit wet and windy I didn’t have ideal weather to smoke, but decided to give it a try anyway.

7.       I used “Royal Oak Premium Charcoal Briquettes’” not the smartest move. What I wanted to use was the Weber Briquettes’ but I was out.

8.       I used a full chimney and it held for 7 hours or so. I had a 10lb pork shoulder and cooked at 200 to 250 °F depending on the wind and rain. I had the vents at about 1/8 open and blocked the rain with some tinfoil as I always do, so I needed to reload the ring once more. It cooked for 14 hours

9.      I cooked the pork to 195 °F then let sit for 4 hours. Wrapped in a bath towel and placed into a cooler.

Now my opinion the “bbq it all” worked flawlessly except for user error. As I am a technician by trade we would call this an “I. D. 10. T. - ERROR” or “Idiot Error”. I know better than to use a brand of charcoal that I really don’t use to often on a new tool I have never used, but I did it anyway so I am not blaming the “bbq it all” or weather on it. Just ME LOL.

I plan on using this on my next cook with the knowledge I learned to do a small turkey and also on a pork shoulder in the near future. I will post ASAP.

Keep Grilling My WKC Friends.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 12:09:12 PM by Shoestringshop »
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2018, 01:13:35 PM »
I have to say that I love my gadgets and do find that most of them, I only end up using a couple of times. This one, I believe is different. I was not sure what to expect as it was flat and quite "simple". I quickly assembled it and wondered how well this was actually going to work? I did a couple of different cooks, one with KBB and the other with Weber charcoal. As expected, the Weber charcoal did great. It burned for 9+ hours and easily completed a pork butt. When I checked, there was a little less than a 1/4 of the charcoal left which I thought was quite good. The KBB did not do quite as good, but would still get most of the way through a 8LB butt. The temps for the cooks were about perfect, dry and mid 60's. What I really like about it is how easy it is to use. You simply lay it in the kettle, pour your charcoal around the ring and then dump a handful (I used 13) of lit charcoal on the one side. It is exactly the same as the snake method, but way faster as there is no stacking charcoal anymore. I always did the 2x2 snake, so this little gadget saved probably 5-10 minutes. This will be fantastic when the temps are much colder and help limit the time that I am outside freezing my butt off getting the grill ready to smoke!! So to summarize, very simple, yet effective gadget. It will definitely be getting a work out from me over the winter!! Time to put the WSM's to sleep for the winter and just leave one kettle out to do all the work!

Question for Larry, how can I get one more section so I can use this in my 26" too?

Grill-me

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2018, 01:15:08 PM »
This is exactly what I am looking for and I would definitely like to give this a try with my next leg of lamb. Does it be ship to Canada?

Larry The BBQ Guy

• WKC Brave
    • BBQitALL
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2018, 02:18:49 PM »
@indy82z

I finally tested the 26" two weekends ago. 5 sections fit perfectly. I can send you another section. I cooked two whole chickens.. I would like to see what you can do with the 26. Because it is larger I recommend you fill it up all the way and start with a 3/4 chimney and two paths. It would be really interesting to see how long it burns with Kinsford burning a single path and a half chimney. Let me know how it goes!

My kickstarter thing ends Friday for anyone interested:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/516952490/easy-roasting-and-baking-on-your-weber-grill?ref=user_menu

Larry
26" Orig. Premium Black, 22" Orig. black, 22" Jumbo Joe black, 14" Smokey Joe black. More to come.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2018, 02:48:00 PM »
This is exactly what I am looking for and I would definitely like to give this a try with my next leg of lamb. Does it be ship to Canada?

The kickstarter link posted by @Larry The BBQ Guy  says it ships anywhere in the world.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/516952490/easy-roasting-and-baking-on-your-weber-grill?ref=user_menu
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Larry The BBQ Guy

• WKC Brave
    • BBQitALL
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2018, 06:26:21 PM »
It ships to Canada for $24, not 35 as stated in the Kickstarter site. I found cheaper shipping after it started and it would not let me change it. Just do the US shipping and add 16 bucks.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
New Accessory Sneak Preview
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2018, 08:23:28 PM »
I’ve had the opportunity to use the BBQItAll a few times now.  So far, what I like most about the BBQItAll is it’s versatility.

The first time I used it was on an 18” grill, as a charcoal basket, essentially. Small chimney fully lit, then dumped and spread inside the ring. This cook was simply roasting tomatoes, peppers, onion, and garlic for salsa. Worked great. I wasn’t restricted by a normal charcoal basket size; the BBQItAll allowed me to spread the coals out over a broader area.

The next cook was on my yellow 22” Weber. I set up to smoke a 4lb-ish chuck roast (with basement beans). I love that I didn’t need to spend time meticulously setting up the snake ring of charcoal. Set the BBQItAll walls up so I would have a snake  roughly 3/4 the diameter of the grill and dumped the charcoal on the outside of the ring, then added a few lit coals to one end. I appreciate anything that can save me some time, and the BBQItAll made the snake even easier. Food grate temp was a solid 255 for basically the entire 9 hour cook. I did need to add just a little more charcoal to this cook towards the end.

My next cook was a whole chicken. I have the Weber GBS chicken roaster pan, and did a “basement” roast. For this cook, I set the BBQItAll walls up directly opposite each other, coals on either side side of the grill. A few lit coals added to each stack, then the chicken in the middle... on the charcoal grate. Next time I do this method, I’ll add more lit coals, so as to have a higher temp. The chicken turned out good... the skin was not too crispy, but again, that is a result of a lower temp. Hoping to try another chicken later this week.

I did another chuckie this past weekend on my red SSP. This one went about 10 hours. Easy setup, steady temp, tasty results.

Overall, I am impressed with the BBQItAll. Is it a necessary accessory? No, but there really aren’t any “must have” accessories out there. It is a time saver, and I will use it every time I do a cook using the snake method. Looking forward to trying the basement chicken again, and I’d love to try a cake or pie, as well. I also love that I can adjust the size to fit an SJ, an 18, or a 22. I would consider getting a 2nd one so I can use it on my 26, as well. ***edit - @Larry The BBQ Guy , let me know how I can get an extra section, please!

Excellent product. Glad to see the Kickstarter has hit the initial goal!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 08:27:34 PM by Bob BQ »
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2018, 06:39:47 AM »
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

lunchman

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2018, 10:46:24 AM »
I ordered through the KickStarter campaign. The BBQItAll arrived today in Massachusetts. The quickest turnaround of any crowdfunding campaign, which is appreciated. Nicely packaged, manual is extensive - haven't read through it all yet. Assembled easily, quality is excellent.

I'm looking forward to using it and will put it to the test sometime within the next week or two.

Thanks for offering this!

-Dom
Bubba Keg, Goldens' Cast Iron Cooker, Weber 18" Kettle

Larry The BBQ Guy

• WKC Brave
    • BBQitALL
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2018, 12:22:29 PM »
Dom,
It's great to hear that you got your products safe and sound! Thanks for the positive comments. As always feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2018, 05:58:08 AM »
@Larry The BBQ Guy I got my BBQItAll yesterday.  Solid gadget. 

Will this be something that will be available now or was this just for the Kickstarter campaign?  I'd like to get another for my 26er.

Thanks,
Jim

Larry The BBQ Guy

• WKC Brave
    • BBQitALL
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2018, 08:08:59 AM »
Hi Bubblehead, more will be available after I ship all of the kickstarter Rewards sometime in the middle of next week