Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pounds O Pork  (Read 605 times)

Jammato

• WKC Ranger
Pounds O Pork
« on: August 18, 2018, 01:39:43 AM »
OK, out here in the southwest we have Winco, and they do these packages of pork. The thing is they are not small trimmings, but larger hunks of trimmings from pork butts or shoulders. And I have experimented to find the perfect recipe for them.
I marinade them in red enchilada sauce and my blend of garlic and peppers for 3 days, then I add spices in a rub and re immerse them into the sauce. My next step is to set up a 6 hour snake on a 22 inch kettle. Once lit the 6 pounds of pork chunks that has been marinated is put on a tight formation at indirect heat. I go in and take the marinade and with a blend of flour and corn starch make it into a  loose past and coat the pork. cover the cook and let it go at 275 for 6 hours.
Now it is time to pull the pork and douse it with your favorite spices and the juice from fresh limes, grab the buns of you're choice and make the perfect pulled pork sandwiches ever served,  Oh sorry in Mexico they call these Tortas.

A blend of onions, tomatoes,  shredded cabbage and thin sliced radishes will make you swear you where south of the border.
If we were meant to grill with gas then the garden of Eden would have had a pipeline