Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Help me make a decision. MBH vs HC  (Read 1385 times)

JayyyR

• Smokey Joe
Help me make a decision. MBH vs HC
« on: August 10, 2018, 05:26:47 AM »
I only have room for one. Should I take the MBH or Happy Cooker? Price not being considered since they are basically being given away and both about an hour drive. Both are being held for me but one has to stay.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Help me make a decision. MBH vs HC
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 05:28:11 AM »
Is neither an option?   The mbh is messed up in the legs, all “caddywampus”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 05:30:59 AM by michaelmilitello »

Kneab

• WKC Performer
Re: Help me make a decision. MBH vs HC
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 05:29:51 AM »
The mbh is a 26 maybe. Look at the triangle, it has 4 spokes. [emoji106]

The bottom of the leg where the wheel should be looks weird though. Not sure, looks like the end of the leg is round.

The happy cooker may have an internal ash pan too.

Get them both. Decide later on what to keep.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 05:33:24 AM by Kneab »
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

JayyyR

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 05:38:14 AM »
The HC has the ash pan intact. And I'm leaning towards the MBH being a 22. Here's another shot

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 05:50:06 AM »
That grate looks like it's sitting pretty low inside the bowl. I'm still leaning towards that being a 26. Maybe someone else with a 26 handy could count the bars in their top grate. I'm not near mine and can't.

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

JayyyR

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 05:54:51 AM »
That grate looks like it's sitting pretty low inside the bowl. I'm still leaning towards that being a 26. Maybe someone else with a 26 handy could count the bars in their top grate. I'm not near mine and can't.

Oh wow if so that's awesome. I know the legs are all "caddywampus" but it should be repairable right?

DrewZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 06:16:30 AM »
Take the MBH and take the internal ash pan out of the HC.

I only have room for one. Should I take the MBH or Happy Cooker? Price not being considered since they are basically being given away and both about an hour drive. Both are being held for me but one has to stay.

Drew Z.
70th Anniversary-SSP, A-Code GA, Snap On GA, Blue 18" OTG, Eagles SJ, 18" Tuck-N-Carry Midget, 3-burner Genny Jr., S-320

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 06:25:22 AM »
Here is a shot from the board showing a 26er and a 22.5.........

and the suspected 26er from above.........

"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

JayyyR

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 06:30:57 AM »
Top vent is close to handle like on 22.5 above where as 26 has a large gap. So 22.5 I'm guessing? Also if it matters the 22.5 in question is an A code (1979)

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 06:45:04 AM »
Both are being held for me

If you already agreed to buy both.....maybe you should buy both.  Asking someone to hold onto something for you and then bailing on them is exactly why its hard to get people to agree to hold onto stuff! 
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 06:59:58 AM »
Buy them both. I’ll take the HC if you don’t want it as long as it has and comes with the IAP.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

JayyyR

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2018, 07:56:18 AM »

If you already agreed to buy both.....maybe you should buy both.  Asking someone to hold onto something for you and then bailing on them is exactly why its hard to get people to agree to hold onto stuff!

They offered to hold them for the weekend on their own. I didn't commit to anything as far a deal goes so they were just being kind. I probably will get one this week and the other the next.

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2018, 08:00:41 AM »
I think the lid vent is too close to the handle to be a 26” .. but strange factor on the 4 triangle bars ??

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2018, 08:03:46 AM »
That MBH looks like a pieced together unit.  Sure looks like a 22” with 26” triangle (& maybe legs) to me.

+1

Integrity is worth more than a little time & gas.  Grab ‘em both, to keep your word, and make the best kettle out of the parts.  Use the extra lid for when you’re running a vortex/poortex. 

Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2018, 08:46:49 AM »
When you go to  pick up either one....ask if they have the 26er around.

The 26er is the prize if it's there.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need