Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: CGA: Mini Beef Roasting Joint  (Read 1909 times)

Shanks Kop

• WKC Brave
CGA: Mini Beef Roasting Joint
« on: July 08, 2018, 03:38:03 PM »
I never post any of my cooks, but since you chaps always give me a little inspiration.  I thought it only right that it's about time that I repay the favour, hopefully inspiring others in the process and I might as well make use of the millions of pics that sit doing nothing on my phone.

So here goes...

Meat: Mini Beef Roasting Joint (500g)

Rub: Simple Montreal Steak type seasoning, applied over a thin layer of yellow mustard to help stick.

Coals: Full chimney starter (smaller variant) of briquettes.  Banked coals to one side (ignore the unlit coals on the right)

Vents:
Main body strip vents  fully open
Lid vents the one over the coal is fully closed with the other fully open.

Simple sear on all sides (8-10 mins) over direct heat and move to the indirect side and cook for circa 40 mins lid down.

The Go Anywhere is one hell of an underrated cooker in the Weber line up and beats  the socks off the smokey Joe in my opinion, which seldom gets touched.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 03:12:07 AM by Shanks Kop »

Shanks Kop

• WKC Brave
Re: CGA: Min Beef Roasting Joint
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 03:46:32 PM »
Decided to add a few chicken strips and veg

Shanks Kop

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 03:50:47 PM »
Rested for 5-10 mins and then rested in my belly [emoji1]

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 07:01:15 PM »
Man you got your money's worth, making use of all of the grate. Those CGAs really hold their own. Nice job on your cook, good looking groceries.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

Don_

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 08:26:27 PM »
Nicely done! Looks excellent!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 08:29:30 PM »
Nice job. The CGA is superior to a SJ when you want a 2 zone indirect and direct cooking surface. Keep sharing your cooks.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Shanks Kop

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2018, 11:41:08 PM »
Man you got your money's worth, making use of all of the grate. Those CGAs really hold their own. Nice job on your cook, good looking groceries.
Indeed, you have to get imaginative with grate management on occasions.  I normally bury the Aubergine in the coals, so in this instance this was the next best thing, to get them nice and gooey.

Shanks Kop

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2018, 11:43:35 PM »
Nice job. The CGA is superior to a SJ when you want a 2 zone indirect and direct cooking surface. Keep sharing your cooks.
I'm with you on that statement.  The rectangular shape lends itself beautifully to the art of indirect.

Now I just wish I could bag a colour CGA, which is close to impossible in the UK.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 11:52:11 PM by Shanks Kop »

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2018, 01:12:09 AM »
Beautiful.  I too appreciate the CGA.  Part of the fun is seeing how far you can push it with te available space.  Add in a deflector plate and it opens a ton of possibilities.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

AgentSmith

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2018, 03:51:07 AM »
There’s something about bbq’d aubergine [emoji533] that looks amazing.

By the way did u post these images on imgur as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Shanks Kop

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2018, 03:58:32 AM »
Beautiful.  I too appreciate the CGA.  Part of the fun is seeing how far you can push it with te available space.  Add in a deflector plate and it opens a ton of possibilities.
Deflector has been ordered a few months back , just need to find a cook to utilise it.

Any tips ?

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2018, 09:45:07 AM »
Come to Gloucester. Ya it's my blog. Bring a cooler, I'll send you home with some lobster

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2018, 09:47:00 AM »
I'm bringing a refrigerated truck LOL
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill