Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: my new lime green performer is now an SSP  (Read 1021 times)

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
my new lime green performer is now an SSP
« on: June 30, 2018, 06:37:35 AM »
So big thanks to @CatskillSmoker for the heads up about this green performer.  The frame was (is) in pretty rough shape, but the kettle itself cleaned up nice and looks right at home in an SSP frame!  I'll work on cleaning up the frame and will likely put the black kettle (which was in the ssp frame til yesterday) into it.  This new pickup came with 2 cooking grates, one was a GBS and the other seems to be a stainless flip up.  Also seems to have the bbq guru port....but its in a tough spot to reach in the ssp frame. I'm not entirely sure the idea behind the bbq guru but unless someone can show me something I dont realize, I'm not going out of way to find the rest and make it usable!

Not sure why, but I cant seem to post the photos I want to here, but here is the basic before and after!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 06:50:40 AM by lksdrinker »
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
my new lime green performer is now an SSP
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 08:41:01 AM »
That's a beauty especially with the ssp frame. Don't know what it is but grass green is by far my favorite color performer.  Looks great in a dark gen2 frame also.  Currently have one in a ssp frame and would love to find another to  put on my extra gen2 frame but can't seem to find anything in excellent condition.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 08:42:51 AM by Jules V. »

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
Re: my new lime green performer is now an SSP
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 07:42:22 AM »
Anytime brother. She looks sweet in the SSP frame. Will keep my eyes open for more FREEBIES
for you. Glad you made the move to go get it. Grate score. Congrats

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 09:29:05 AM »
I think anything looks better in an ssp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2018, 07:17:49 AM »
Thanks guys.  Definitely loving this thing in the ss frame.  The wife and the daughters also seem to really dig the ss and the green!  Time to get some more colors in my collection now.
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

Meatpolice

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2018, 10:20:12 AM »
What did you use to clean it? That lid looks amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2018, 11:57:00 AM »
What did you use to clean it? That lid looks amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Little degreaser and a rag.  Steel wool on a few "stained" spots.