Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Any knowledge on this roti?  (Read 917 times)

AnyThingGrilled

• WKC Brave
Any knowledge on this roti?
« on: June 29, 2018, 04:56:12 PM »
Has anyone tried this roti? It seems like a good value if it is a quality product.

https://www.amazon.com/onlyfire-2-Inch-Charcoal-Rotisserie-Masterbuilt/dp/B00XMTB1KY

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Re: Any knowledge on this roti?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 05:30:13 PM »
I want to get the onlyfire 18 inch roti.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2018, 09:11:04 PM »
   This has been brought up before, mixed results if I remember correctly, the experts will find it and show you. In the process of cleaning a 26" OTG and will get the Cajun Bandit roti for it, no guessing when it comes to quality.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

Transit98

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 02:46:39 AM »
I bought the universal onlyfire and love it. Built well. Turn on and off to make the meat turn the opposite way.

[attachment deleted by admin]

tmartin

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 09:08:26 AM »
That's the old version of the Onlyfire.  I had the new version for about a year (That's the old version of the Onlyfire.  I had the new version for about a year https://www.amazon.com/onlyfire-Universal-Stainless-Charcoal-Rotisserie/dp/B01H19VK1A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1530378061&sr=8-3&keywords=onlyfire%2Brotisserie&th=1.  )

I actually liked the way it sits on the kettle more than my Weber Roti and the motor never seemed to have a problem.  I also appreciated that it had a longer power cord than the one on the weber.  The weak point is the motor bracket.  It flexes a lot as the spit turns.  I had quite a few problems early on when the motor mount flexed so much the spit would pop out of the motor.  It wouldn't fall in the fire but I had to keep an eye on it.  You have to get it set just right to prevent that from happening.  Once I figured it out I had few problems.  I always had vague plans to brace or replace the motor mount with something stronger but stumbled across an amazing deal on a used Weber roti which is definitely a step up in quality. 

Don_

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 07:58:26 AM »
I’ve had one(the old version linked in the first post -with the tabs that leaves a gap around the rim) for a couple of years now. Temperature control is kind of limited with the gap it leaves around the bowl rim, but I’ve learned to work with it. Once I get it set up, it works pretty well though.
The plastic handle that threads on to the spit just broke on mine though, and I almost lost a whole chicken when it did.
Other than that it has been a useful tool that has helped to produce some excellent food.

If I buy another one, it will be a model that fits the bowl rim tightly. Like the CB model, or the newer version of the onlyfire.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

AnyThingGrilled

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 10:18:55 AM »
Okay, thanks for the input all. So spend the extra coin and get the CB or Weber model? Does every roti have issues? I want it to be pretty simple to us or will just cook with another method...

ClubChapin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2018, 07:13:30 PM »
I’ve got weber and CB. Both have worked without issue for me.