Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Mini Ranch build....looking for side table ideas  (Read 972 times)

Jason Bowlin

• Happy Cooker
New Mini Ranch build....looking for side table ideas
« on: June 25, 2018, 07:12:35 PM »
Hello folks, was inspired to build a 26” mini ranch by looking at all the people here that done it. Instead of bolting the frame back together though I added a piece of angle iron top and bottom and tig welded it all back together. Cooked on it 3 times last week while on vacation and really like but will take some getting use to. I do have the desire to add folding side tables and saw swamps pics and really like his but I’m not so lucky to find those tables for 40$. Has anyone else added similar side tables to theirs that are not ridiculously expensive? Also has anyone put a handle on the front of the lid?

Thanks in advance JB

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: New Mini Ranch build....looking for side table ideas
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 07:39:31 PM »
Welcome to WKC, Jason.

Yes I believe some have added a front handle to their mini-Ranch but examples escape me. However ... so what? If it sounds good to you, DO it.

So let's see some pics!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Jason Bowlin

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 03:46:52 AM »
Thanks for the welcome! I tried posting a picture but it kept giving me an error message saying attachment couldn’t be saved because it either took to long to upload or was to big.

Jason Bowlin

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 04:09:43 AM »
Here is a picture....all my pics were Live Photo’s on iPhone so they were wrong format.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2018, 04:38:40 AM »
Looks great. For an “idea,” you might keep an eye open for an old Genesis and use its frame to make a table, since it would match the aesthetic.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2018, 07:52:41 AM »
I’m guessing that you’ve figured out that the angles of the frame make it somewhat awkward to bolt some folding shelf brackets to.
What I did on mine was to fab angled braces to the down tubes of each frame piece so that I could mount the Primo side tables.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
New Mini Ranch build....looking for side table ideas
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 04:21:48 PM »
Hello folks, was inspired to build a 26” mini ranch by looking at all the people here that done it. Instead of bolting the frame back together though I added a piece of angle iron top and bottom and tig welded it all back together. Cooked on it 3 times last week while on vacation and really like but will take some getting use to. I do have the desire to add folding side tables and saw swamps pics and really like his but I’m not so lucky to find those tables for 40$. Has anyone else added similar side tables to theirs that are not ridiculously expensive? Also has anyone put a handle on the front of the lid?

Thanks in advance JB

I haven’t seen any others with folding side tables (yet)?

As far as adding a handle to the front, which IMO it really needs, I’ve been hesitant to add one on my Red, but have done it on the lid on my 85 Gallon Drum.

Here are a set of locking folding brackets that would work on the frames

Another item to watch out for are BGE folding side tables - they can be easily modified

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!