Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Is there such a thing as a "Top 10 most collectible Weber kettles" list?  (Read 1270 times)

arstrobel

• Happy Cooker
Been surfing the forums for a few hours and haven't found anything like this.  I guess I'm curious about the relative scarcity and collector interest of the various models.  I admit in advance it's kind of a noob question, but if one doesn't exist....
« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 08:07:12 AM by arstrobel »

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
I honestly think a collection is too personal to make a top ten list. I bet if we all listed our top ten you might see 4-5 that are the same. For instance I don’t like performers or grills with lid bales so those won’t be on my list but I’m sure a red or blue SSP would be on others list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Just as there is no “price guide” for kettles, collectibility differs from person to person.

What might be deemed “collectible” to one person, might be undesired by the next.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer

I honestly think a collection is too personal to make a top ten list. I bet if we all listed our top ten you might see 4-5 that are the same. For instance I don’t like performers or grills with lid bales so those won’t be on my list but I’m sure a red or blue SSP would be on others list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

☝️ this highlights the individual nature of “collectibility”

I prefer grills with lid bails, but I too don’t own a Performer. Most gravitate toward colors or specific sizes, but I couldn’t care less.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Cellar2ful

Like all stated above, it's all individual perspective.  Take a look through the Weber Grill Guide here on the Forum.  Pick out the model and color that you find most appealing.

http://weberkettleclub.com/gallery/

For the older, rare vintage grills, here are some of the most sought after:

Westerner
Plainsman
Ambassador
Ranger
Custom (Chomoveil and Meat Cut Grill)
Seville
Sequoia
Galley Q

You can find photos of all of these in the GrillGuide or in the vintage Weber catalogs.

http://weberkettleclub.com/old-weber-catalogs/

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Good points here. I think it would be easier to define the rarest kettles and Jim’s list is a good starting point. It’s kinda hard for something to be “collectible” if there are only a handful known to exist.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
My personal list would be,

Meat cut
49er master touch
3 leg ranch mother ship
Red bud ranch
Full set of birth year
All 30 nfl sjs

Just a humble not entirely impossible list to complete either. I think a 49er mt is more impossible than a meat cut

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
A red Coca-Cola 18.5" and a red SJP "Outrider!"

TheDude

• WKC Performer
Anything my girl scores on her own. Well... most anything. We enjoy the hunt. My ‘62 26”, C code WSM and ‘78 lime are my jewels. That being said...  She won’t even let go of our Target copper. 
Still need a 22” yellow

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
   In print no, as many have said its all a personal list and if we are lucky it should stay that way. Because a written list which will come from a handful of weber kettle experts leads to a price guide where the words mint, fine, and very good are used, then corporations move in and numbers 10, 9.5, 8 are the new grade. Then speculators move in and f everything up, and this is coming from a guy whose got a sizeable comic book collection. Getting off my soapbox now.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
   In print no, as many have said its all a personal list and if we are lucky it should stay that way. Because a written list which will come from a handful of weber kettle experts leads to a price guide where the words mint, fine, and very good are used, then corporations move in and numbers 10, 9.5, 8 are the new grade. Then speculators move in and f everything up, and this is coming from a guy whose got a sizeable comic book collection. Getting off my soapbox now.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Lol imagine a graded weber in a plastic case like a baseball card ha ha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app