Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Almost new redhead and a question (pic heavy)  (Read 798 times)

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
Almost new redhead and a question (pic heavy)
« on: June 08, 2018, 10:28:29 AM »
Thnx to @vwenguy who found this beauty on local CL in the Netherlands (Matt - once again thnx!!!), I scored a cooker number 33[emoji3] Although it's not in top condition, it has been used most probably once or twice and for sure without the lid (as it's simply clean inside and there is no rust spots at all). Furthermore, the lid wooden handle looks like never touched and there is the original heavy grate. Pics posted on CL were not of the best quality and I thought that I see the A code on the top vent. To my surprise, there was no code which should say that it's a model prior to 1979. However, there is an A code on the bottom vents. As this is the second cooker I have with A code stamped on the bottom vents and Matt and me are not sure which model year it is, this question goes to you - which is the production / model year of the kettles with such stamps?

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Almost new redhead and a question (pic heavy)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 10:44:35 AM »
78 was the first year for the raised Weber on the lid vent a on the lowers says 79 safe to say it is either a 78 or 79 IMO. beautiful grill too!!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 10:49:48 AM »
78 was the first year for the raised Weber on the lid vent a on the lowers says 79 safe to say it is either a 78 or 79 IMO. beautiful grill too!!
Thnx! Know that 78 was indeed first time with the raised logo but want to know (if possible of course) which year exactly it was. We were also assuming late 78 / early 79.

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 04:41:03 PM »
More inputs?

Raindog

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 06:16:26 PM »
Nice grill! My guess is it's a "transition" grill. I believe 1979 was the year that the A stamp was started. The bowl may have the A stamp but not the lid due to "leftover" pre 1979 lids. The ash pan could indicate early 1979 as there are examples where later 1979 pans have the curl instead of flat like yours. Fire that puppy up and enjoy!

qrczak1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2018, 12:21:37 AM »
Thnx!