Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My best side ribs yet  (Read 1088 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
My best side ribs yet
« on: May 13, 2018, 08:46:04 AM »
I don't think I'd be too welcome at that vegetarian association's booth across the street at the convention centre.  Anyways, I don't have any in progress pictures but I just had to post the finished ones I took because these side ribs are the best ones I made yet.

I picked up two racks  of side ribs w/breast bones and seasoned them up with some commercial rub. I need to mix up more of my own at some point.  Then put them in the WSM and let it go while I did chores.  And there they stayed much longer than I intended, about six hours total.  That made a huge difference. In that one picture, you can see how that tender, juicy meat just flakes apart no problem at all. They were great. The other picture was the lunch I took to work.  I'm going to have to plan on 6 hours plus safety margin for all future side rib coons from now on because I don't want to go back to how they had been turning out on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Re: My best side ribs yet
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 08:52:30 AM »
Beautiful ribs!  Just tell those vegamatics that you would be a vegetarian if bacon grew on trees!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 09:01:55 AM »
Looks grate! I think that if I tried that for 6 hours they’d be hard as concrete from drying out.

“Veggie Challenge” looks like it involves eating pamphlets.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 10:07:00 AM »
Looks grate! I think that if I tried that for 6 hours they’d be hard as concrete from drying out.

Being veggie is not for me.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 10:50:17 AM »
Ribbage looks gooooood!! I eat meat, and I AM a vagitarion...
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 08:52:20 AM »

Oh, I did forget to mention, I did spray them with water twice around the three and five hour marks.  I also use water in the WSM's water pan.  I know some people cook without it, or with it dry or filled with something else like sand or balls of aluminum foil.  Without the water in the pan and the two spraying, I'm sure those ribs would've been hard as a rock.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2018, 08:08:27 PM »
The last pork I had was from pigs that were fed with no animal byproducts. They were vegetarian, so, since I ate them, I'm vegetarian.