Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Happy Home brand kettle  (Read 3719 times)

Dale Benson

• WKC Brave
Happy Home brand kettle
« on: October 23, 2014, 07:06:57 PM »
I came across a 22" kettle today with a brand that is unfamiliar to me. Plastic handles (similar in shape to the a Happy Cooker) with the name Happy Home stamped on them. Unlike the Happy Cooker this had no internal ash pan. If there was an external ash pan it was missing. Aluminum legs looked like a Weber. Wheels similar to a Weber. Very similar to a Weber yet small differences here and there. No engraving or marks of any kind on the lid vent. The lid hanger hook was a bit shorter. The lid vent was fastened with a screw instead of a rivet.
Anyone know the story on these?
Dale
Have 22" Yellow MBH will trade for 22" Lime :-)

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
Re: Happy Home brand kettle
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 09:06:21 PM »
Hi Dale. This is interesting. Did you take any pics?

Dale Benson

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 04:36:56 AM »
... Did you take any pics?
I did not. But I can get some tomorrow if there is interest.
Dale

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 05:03:56 AM »
Is this another mystery find in the middle of the woods?

Dale Benson

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 05:44:20 AM »
Is this another mystery find in the middle of the woods?
Well, not exactly. :-)
Every year at this time the church I grew up going to (and my folks still do) conducts an authentic ethnic Lutefisk Dinner fund raising event. Yesterday we went to the church to roll lefse which will be served at the dinner. This grill was setting out back of the church. It has no doubt been there for years and I guess I had never really noticed it until yesterday. Tomorrow is the dinner and my dad and I will return for that. We are the lutefisk 'cooks'. (Dad has been doing this for more than 50 years.) I could take a couple of photos of the grill then.
Dale

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 05:50:35 AM »
I'll take the lefse, but not the Lutefisk... 8)

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 08:39:25 AM »
I am in for lefse, AND lutefisk!!
And a pic of the mystery kettle.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Dale Benson

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2014, 05:37:16 PM »
Here's a couple of pics of the Happy Home kettle. It's so similar to a Weber that I wonder if it wasn't made by Weber. I mentioned earlier that the lid hook was shorter than on a Weber but now I don't think that is the case. The basic kettle/lid and the legs appear to be just like a Weber. The handles are different, the wheels seem to be the same as Weber's only without the white insert, the vents have no markings, all four daisy wheel vents are attached with a screw and nut instead of a rivet, and the triangle looks just like a Weber except there are no inner wires.

Okay... gotta run. The neighborhood dogs are howling outside my door. I've got to go burn my clothes and then take a long, hot shower and try to scrub that lutefisk smell from my pores.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 09:19:04 AM by Dale Benson »
Dale

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2014, 06:19:32 PM »
Here's a couple of pics of the Happy Home kettle. It's so similar to a Weber that I wonder if it wasn't made by Weber.

This one is a Weber...

Dude, relax your chicken.

Paul Isa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2015, 02:25:20 PM »
I just picked up a "Happy Home" 18" and it is the same as the one Dale found in October of 2014, except mine has the Weber wheels.  Does anyone know the story behind the Happy Home?

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2015, 06:53:35 PM »
Haven't seen the Happy Home ones before but the K Mart ones had the same exact handle albeit branded with the 70s/80s K-mart logo. My MIL/FIL have an 18 K Mart kettle.