Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weekend CL Scores  (Read 1141 times)

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
Weekend CL Scores
« on: May 22, 2018, 01:32:20 PM »
So I see an ad on CL for a Nonassist Performer Gen 4 for 70 in a prominent neighborhood.
I was thinking of @chiku18 friend who wanted a Perfomer so I contacted them. Ad photo below.

They responded and explained they had a smoker for sale as well they hadn't posted. Told me if I was interested, they would send pictures. I'm thinking something I wouldn't want but had them send pictures.

I about fell of my chair. I contacted Chiku and let him know I was going and had a Gen 2 black bowl gas assist and face plate with regulator I could put on the frame for his friend. He wasn't sure but would check with his friend. At 8 PM Saturday I set it up with seller to be there at 9 AM. I was securing these regardless. Left my house at 6:45 AM as it was 1:50 each way. I arrived and rang the bell. By the name given in emails I didn't know who to expect. Well it turned out to be a woman from Japan that has been here with her family for 3 years on business and that they are going to be moving back in a few weeks.
She explained that the Performer was purchased in 2015 and the WSM in 2016, both are CU codes.
Also was a NIB GBS grate as the originals handle had came off and Weber sent out a replacement.
8 different type chips and chunk wood. Oh yeah, Weber covers for both. I got back home about 11. I spent 4 hours between the 2 and the results are like NEW. Chikus friend got a beautiful Gen 2 so the Performer is going to a friend and I get my first WSM.

They never used replacement grate. You can see handle missing

WSM bowl

Lid

« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 01:37:02 PM by CatskillSmoker »

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Re: Weekend CL Scores
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 01:41:31 PM »
[emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122]

Nicely done!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
Weekend CL Scores
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 03:23:43 PM »
You got some Skills and now you have Smoker too - CatskillSmoker .
Awesome scores Colin and thank you for all the help during my hunt for performer. You weren’t kidding when you said - you will transform the whole setup to like new condition .

That WSM also looks new after all cleanup .

Congratulations!!!

Looking for Colored 18 MBH

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 04:18:49 PM »
SHITE!!!!!!
What a catch!

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 06:01:35 PM »
Wow what a score!!!! Congrats!
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 06:04:40 PM »
Nice scores and teamwork

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Jed.cook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 10:23:53 AM »
Lookin’ good! You’ll have another beauty heading your way as soon as I can make it to a Greyhound station...

-Jed
-Jed