Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Healthy-Easy-Cheap (HEC yeah!) Baked Cod in Tomato Sauce  (Read 708 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Healthy-Easy-Cheap (HEC yeah!) Baked Cod in Tomato Sauce
« on: March 30, 2018, 11:31:32 AM »
I'm not a dietician, but this seems healthy. Recipe from the back of the bag. Tastier and more filling that it appears in the pix.

Get a bag of frozen, wild caught cod ... the kind with individually sealed filets. These are cheap to buy, also. (Walmart)

S&P on the thawed fish, place in a buttered tray. Spritz with lemon juice.

I had 5 left from the bag, and used two trays. As you can see they come either triangle cut or more like small fillets from the bag. Cook about 30 mins with whatever heat about a chimney's worth split into two baskets makes, like so:

The recipe calls for a 28oz can of crushed tomato, which is too much, because that's for 4 pieces and I cooked 5 and had a bunch of sauce leftover. One regular can would have been plenty. To that can add some red pepper flakes, oregano, parsley, AFTER you browned up some garlic in the pan. Just do whatever you want to spruce up the sauce, or skip all that and use a jar of pasta sauce ... ?

And to plate it, you're supposed to put some sauce on the plate and the fish on the sauce, with a dollop on top and sprinkle with parsley. It works!

Threw some white rice in the rice cooker, which also took care of the broccoli.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 11:33:03 AM by addicted-to-smoke »
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Healthy-Easy-Cheap (HEC yeah!) Baked Cod in Tomato Sauce
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 11:38:16 AM »
looks good AND healthy to me
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 12:47:38 PM »
Yeah I can make that work...

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 07:01:07 PM »
Love it. Thanks for the healthy post

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.