Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 18 Red MBH  (Read 2320 times)

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
18 Red MBH
« on: March 29, 2018, 06:04:28 AM »
Let me start by saying Thank You to @lksdrinker for texting me the ad for this.
And a BIG Thank you to Firemunkee for helping to secure it.
Small tabs on bowl.
73-74 in really good condition. MBH collection is growing.

Looks promising

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: 18 Red MBH
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 06:27:50 AM »
You could say it doesn't get any sweeter than that Kettle right there.....I do. Cook with it a tonne dude.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2018, 06:39:37 AM »
Awesome score! Congrats!

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 06:48:04 AM »
That's nice... really nice. Great job everyone on working together. That's why this forum is so good.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 06:54:32 AM »
Very nice! I recently picked up a '73-'74 red 18 in a trade with another member. Yours looks to be in great shape!
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 07:03:36 AM »
Looks awesome Colin!  Another nice pickup!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2018, 08:11:05 AM »
Glad to have helped out with this one!
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

jdorn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2018, 08:40:31 AM »
Looks great Colin! Nice score!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2018, 08:42:56 AM »
Nice score! I'm looking forward to using mine this weekend for the first time.

noreaster

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2018, 05:55:40 PM »
That is a beauty

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2018, 06:16:01 PM »
Man I'm finally getting a chance to sit down today. Colin contacted me asking if I could agent a grail for him. I haven't agented a kettle before and to do so for a grail I said I would do what I could. After getting the details it was about 1 hour away where I never go. Fate would have it though I was going to be about 20 minutes away the next evening. We were able to arrange a meeting time with the seller. The seller was really nice and said he even cleaned it. He said he only had it for 1 year and had just upgraded to a big gas grill. I was running late to my previous obligations and I figured he didn't know the history so I did bother asking where he got it.

This was my first time seeing and handling an 18 and boy do I now understand why it is so great for grilling on the go. It fit in my trunk much more easily than a 22, and it provides more cooking area than a smokey joe. The journey isn't over yet though. I still have to pack it up and ship it out. I have never shipped a kettle let alone anything so big before. Colin sent me the WKC blog post on how to ship a kettle and then fate struck again. My office was throwing away these big cardboard boxes that also had rigid Styrofoam, packing peanuts, and bubble wrap! It was meant to be. I looked like a crazy carrying all these boxes to my car haha. I look forward to send it off to its new home.
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2018, 09:34:50 PM »
Great work everyone!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2018, 03:36:27 AM »
Wow nice score!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2018, 08:46:51 AM »
Man I'm finally getting a chance to sit down today. Colin contacted me asking if I could agent a grail for him. I haven't agented a kettle before and to do so for a grail I said I would do what I could. After getting the details it was about 1 hour away where I never go. Fate would have it though I was going to be about 20 minutes away the next evening. We were able to arrange a meeting time with the seller. The seller was really nice and said he even cleaned it. He said he only had it for 1 year and had just upgraded to a big gas grill. I was running late to my previous obligations and I figured he didn't know the history so I did bother asking where he got it.

This was my first time seeing and handling an 18 and boy do I now understand why it is so great for grilling on the go. It fit in my trunk much more easily than a 22, and it provides more cooking area than a smokey joe. The journey isn't over yet though. I still have to pack it up and ship it out. I have never shipped a kettle let alone anything so big before. Colin sent me the WKC blog post on how to ship a kettle and then fate struck again. My office was throwing away these big cardboard boxes that also had rigid Styrofoam, packing peanuts, and bubble wrap! It was meant to be. I looked like a crazy carrying all these boxes to my car haha. I look forward to send it off to its new home.

Sounds like kettle karma paved the way to bring this one to completion!
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2018, 01:24:37 PM »
Got here yesterday and did some cleaning.