Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Where are all the Summit owners?  (Read 20299 times)

DynaGlide

• WKC Brave
Where are all the Summit owners?
« on: March 15, 2018, 04:25:15 AM »
I know it's expensive but there's a couple users on here that took the plunge. Likes? Dislikes? Any warranty claims already? Looking for more recent feedback. From what I've read all the units still carry a 2016 manufacture date so no running changes that I've heard of being made.

The one concern is Baby Back Maniac developed a leak in the SS gasket and Weber's ultimate response was "working as intended."

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
Re: Where are all the Summit owners?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 04:29:49 AM »
Standard kettles here... no need for the extra $$$
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

DynaGlide

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 04:58:02 AM »

If you don't have anything nice to say... :-X

JordanW

• WKC Brave
    • Instagram - @bigtroublebbq
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 05:19:45 AM »
@DynaGlide
I love mine. No warranty issues. I like that I can do a variety of cooks on it in the same day with the same set up. It holds temp great. Uses barely any fuel. I could go on and on and on... Hit me up if you want  any specific info.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 05:22:02 AM »

I have plenty nice to say... just sayin' I can't justify the cost. That's all. Not bustin' on anyone.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

DynaGlide

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 05:24:33 AM »
@JordanW

Besides the size, and the gas assist, what really interests me is you're not heating up ceramics like on my BGE. Are the heat up times, and temp adjustments, as fast as people claim? I'm looking to use it for weeknight cooking since getting rid of my gas grill.

DynaGlide

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 05:25:20 AM »

I have plenty nice to say... just sayin' I can't justify the cost. That's all. Not bustin' on anyone.

We're good  8)

JordanW

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 05:33:38 AM »
@DynaGlide

Yes the temp adjustments are very quick and easy with very little practice. I use it almost every night (weather permitting, i don't have a covered area). For instance, last night, did some cedar plank salmon at about 300* indirect. Then when those were about done, I flipped up the vent and brought the temp up to about 425* to sear off some scallops on the cast iron flat. Then shut it down and was able to cover it back up within a couple hours. Did all this with a used basket of charcoal from a previous cook.

Long story short, it's my daily driver.

You mentioned you have a BGE. If you have an XL, the size specific accessories will work too!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 05:52:37 AM by JordanW »

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 05:34:02 AM »
New owner here of the Summit Grill Station. I have only had the time to assemble it. I'll break it in this weekend.

DynaGlide

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 05:41:52 AM »

@JordanW

Just a large BGE. It's my work horse. I do anything and everything on it. Its only weakness is it takes a little too long to get going for a week night. 22 kettle has been commissioned to rotisserie duty. I was all set to get a Performer but what I really wanted was a 26 size.. Then I started seriously looking at the Summit. If I could throw a 20lb brisket from Restaurant Depot on there that would be heaven.

JordanW

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2018, 05:51:12 AM »
@DynaGlide

20 pounder = no problem.  This 18.9lb was our Super Bowl treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

[attachment deleted by admin]

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2018, 07:16:02 AM »
I went to an ace hardware kinda tucked away in deep brentwood yesterday and they had BOTH on display , talk about HUGE. those things are massive.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

DynaGlide

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2018, 08:17:28 AM »
I'm fortunate to have the holy Grail of Weber dealers near me. Family owned they must have every Weber on display in their basement. Even the Ranch. I find excuses to go over there and play.

joewhodatt

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2018, 09:21:23 AM »
Love mine and use it 2 to 3 times a week.   I did have to issue with leaking smoke out of the lid and Weber sent me new gasket for free.  I also read they will send you a different hinge to help prevent smoking leaking out lid.   Until you use it you will not understand how great of a grill it is.    It is expensive no doubt but people waste there money on stupider things that they use once or twice a year !!  Any questions let me know.   I have had mine for over 2 years so I can answer any questions. 

Sent from my  Joes Cajunbadassbbq

jacobp

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2018, 09:41:34 AM »

The one concern is Baby Back Maniac developed a leak in the SS gasket and Weber's ultimate response was "working as intended."
That's the initial response he got. He actually ended up getting a follow up call from the President of Weber. The replaced the hinge on his Summit and it works like a charm again. Anyone with that issue can contact customer service and they will do the same, free of charge.

I've had mine about 6 months and it is by far the best grill I've ever owned. one of my first cooks on the Summit was an 18lb packer when it was about 12 degrees and spitting snow outside. Held 250 for over 12 hours with only one vent adjustment and i had coals left over when it was done.

Temperature control really is amazing. I can sear off ribeyes at highest heat possible, shut off the vents and its cool enough to cover or wheel back in the garage within an hour.