Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Recent Production Ash Catcher - Black & Silver  (Read 2649 times)

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
Recent Production Ash Catcher - Black & Silver
« on: May 14, 2013, 08:38:42 PM »
My "AA" Green OTG has a black ash catcher. The ring is silver, but the pan is black. I'm sure you've seen them. Anyway, it seems Weber did this for a couple of years before switching back to the raw aluminum. I'm wondering if anybody knows specifically when they made the switches to/from black pans & why. For what its worth, I think I prefer the black.

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
Re: Recent Production Ash Catcher - Black & Silver
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 11:19:37 AM »
No responses, so... Maybe its one of those things that just is. Anybody have a preference either way?

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 01:13:08 PM »
plenty here know the year but must of missed this topic
be patient theres so many good topics to read with all the new members in the last few months i myself are finding it hard to keep up
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2013, 08:29:25 PM »
I want to say that they went black around 2005-2011 for the cans. 2005 is the year the Performer got a redesign so they (Weber) may have thought of going with black cans for those and then for the OTG's.  My neighbor has an '04 OTG and shes got a silver can. 2012 they were back to silver cans. Pissed me off. I spent 2 days in 2011 stripping and scraping my black can to silver for a red kettle and they switched the next year.  :o  The real kicker is I want a black can now that I have a black kettle.........WEBERITIS..... GO FIGURE!!!!  ::)

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
Recent Production Ash Catcher - Black & Silver
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2013, 08:45:09 PM »
I have a black ash can on my brick red ss performer. It's the new style ash catch that must've been put on during those years. Personally I really like it for that grill. Haven't tried it with silver.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2013, 08:47:37 PM »
I think the black cans look good on certain color kettles and the silver look better on others. Blue and bright red...silver all the way, unless maybe matching red. Black on black, brick red, maybe green.

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 09:14:22 PM »
I think the black cans look good on certain color kettles and the silver look better on others. Blue and bright red...silver all the way, unless maybe matching red. Black on black, brick red, maybe green.

Now there's an idea... Adding a red ash can to a redhead. Obviously not OEM, but maybe a nice one off touch

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 09:20:37 PM »
My 2005 Performer was black.. Only had them for a few years, then they went away..
AJ  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2016, 03:04:40 AM »
What do you guys think is the best way to get the black ash catchers super black?  Is there a product to wipe on after cleaning them to make them have that arm our all look?
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM