Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Viking Breakfast on the Ebelskiver Pan  (Read 1192 times)

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
Viking Breakfast on the Ebelskiver Pan
« on: February 18, 2018, 05:49:26 AM »
My wife and I are watching Vikings on Amazon lately. Great series. The legend is that Ebelskivers came to be following a fierce battle, when the warriors returned and used their dented shields to cook spherical pancakes. I'll choose to believe that for the time being. Anyway, I picked up this CI Weber Ebelskiver pan (discontinued now) and have wanted to try it for myself. Basically a pancake batter using buttermilk, whipped egg whites and all the typical ingredients. I knew there would be a learning curve, but all in all it was pretty quick. Heat the pan. (I used the Summit side burner this morning) Brush in a little canola oil. (Could have used butter but I ran out) Fill the cups with batter. (Not too little, not too much - around 2 TBS) Let them sizzle for a minute. (I learned to control the heat as the first batch was too hot, the second not hot enough.) Use a wood skewer to begin flipping then 1/4 turn every fifteen or 20 seconds. (You'll learn that not every hole gets heated the same.) Keep flipping around until it forms a sphere. Flip it some more - almost constantly. It's FUN! Check one (OK, eat one) to be sure it's cooked thorough, then do it all again. They come off pretty quick, so have a warming grill nearby, or just start eating them as they come off. Maybe a little confectioners sugar and/or jelly. Butter and Maple syrup would be good. By the end of the batch you should have mastered the art, and have beautiful little spherical pancakes to enjoy! I'll try them on my grandkids next time the spend the night. On to the pics:

Retired

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Viking Breakfast on the Ebelskiver Pan
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 06:05:14 AM »
very cool they look tasty and fun to cook
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

jsk0703

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2018, 06:22:01 AM »
Those look like carnival snacks, in a good way.  My kids would devour them. Have to try them someday if I can get a pan.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2018, 06:32:19 AM »
I picked up one of these a few months back but haven’t used it yet. Been contemplating whether to use it or maybe trade it for something else at some point. Those look really good. Might have to try it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2018, 09:16:22 AM »
Looks like a fun accessory.  Thanks for sharing that cook

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Fire Starter

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 09:52:39 AM »
Yum, Japanese call that takiyoki (where's spell check when u need it)

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club