Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: ABTs on kettle  (Read 1022 times)

Heatseeker

• Smokey Joe
ABTs on kettle
« on: February 17, 2018, 02:58:02 AM »
Full chimney ashed over with both vents wide open cooked on indirect side or would you do it differently?

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: ABTs on kettle
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 03:06:35 AM »
I prefer low n slow. Keeps the cheese from bubbling out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 03:34:37 AM »

I agree. It also does a better job on the bacon. I usually crack the lower vent and leave the top vent open. I don’t know what temp but I would guess 275-300

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

TheKevman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 05:53:47 AM »
Yeah, low-and-slow on indirect is the way to go. I cook them at 250-275 for about an hour and a half. I’ve learned that cooking them that long helps get the bacon crisp but prevents the cheese from bubbling over. Next time I’m going to try cooking them for two full hours to get the bacon crispier.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
A man who has an experience is never at the mercy of a man who has just a theory.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 03:41:51 PM »
Yeah, low-and-slow on indirect is the way to go. I cook them at 250-275 for about an hour and a half. I’ve learned that cooking them that long helps get the bacon crisp but prevents the cheese from bubbling over. Next time I’m going to try cooking them for two full hours to get the bacon crispier.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

What he said!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2018, 03:58:21 AM »

I agree. It also does a better job on the bacon. I usually crack the lower vent and leave the top vent open. I don’t know what temp but I would guess 275-300

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

^^^Yup^^^
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.