Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Modified WSM’s  (Read 1883 times)

Hubert311

• Smokey Joe
Modified WSM’s
« on: January 06, 2018, 07:17:38 PM »
Does anyone else love modifying their WSM?  The hinge and stainless door are necessities on them. I have to admit the cedar wood handles absolutely make my 22...

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
Re: Modified WSM’s
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 08:35:10 AM »
Nice. When I still had a WSM, it was pimped out too with almost all of those same modifications. It is one of those products that you buy just to modify. 

There's another YouTuber named PhilInFlorence and he has done a lot with his WSM. He uses it as a kettle too - has the GBS system and a SNS for it.
YouTube channels: GringoBBQ & RubiconFI

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 09:52:31 AM »
I have very basic mods on mine. I added OEM-style wooden handles to the side of the mid section (a must do mod, imo), CB door (another must do), CB charcoal ring, and wood handles all around. I guess I also have another highly modded WSM-Performer hybrid that that is mounted into an SSP cart.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 11:19:19 AM »
CB charcoal ring.

I also have another highly modded WSM-Performer hybrid that that is mounted into an SSP cart.

Yeah, the charcoal ring was a great mod IMHO because the displaced stock ring is a nice fit for a regular 22" kettle and keeps the charcoal grate centered better.

There is another Jedi - well a Performer Deluxe / WSM hybrid and it's on this side of the Caldecott. Mine is pretty much all "stock" versus "modified" per se.

@Hubert311
Does your WSM 18 have a gasket on the door?
YouTube channels: GringoBBQ & RubiconFI