Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: p$$t... Hot Sauce (Kroger generic)  (Read 1707 times)

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
p$$t... Hot Sauce (Kroger generic)
« on: December 14, 2017, 08:30:03 AM »
I love hot sauce. All kinds and levels of hot sauce. I have different favorites that I use with different meals. My favorite hot sauce to use with grilled chicken is Frank's Red Hot. Frank's has become more and more popular, and the price has gone up. An 8oz bottle at the grocery is about $2.50.
 I work in a fire station, and 1/3 of all my meals are eaten there. If I buy a bottle and put it in the refrigerator at work, it will disappear while I am at home.
Last week I saw this stuff on the shelf at Fry's (Kroger):

$0:88 for a 12oz bottle. Cayenne pepper, vinegar, garlic. I can definitely try it at that price.

It is not a perfect match, but it is very close. I will buy it again for sure!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

A bunch of black kettles
-JC

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: p$$t... Hot Sauce (Kroger generic)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 08:47:52 AM »
Good to know.
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 10:11:26 AM »
@jcnaz  - Have you tried the Saucy Lips Ghost Pepper and Tamarind sauce?  They started off selling at farmers markets in the PHX area and have made it big enough to manufacture out of a place in California now instead of their home kitchen, or wherever they were making small batches in PHX.  The last time I placed an order for 4 or 5 bottles, the owner actually hand delivered it to my place in Scottsdale.  It's a little pricey especially compared to what you posted, but definitely worth trying out!!!!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2017, 11:34:18 AM »
@jcnaz  - Have you tried the Saucy Lips Ghost Pepper and Tamarind sauce?  They started off selling at farmers markets in the PHX area and have made it big enough to manufacture out of a place in California now instead of their home kitchen, or wherever they were making small batches in PHX.  The last time I placed an order for 4 or 5 bottles, the owner actually hand delivered it to my place in Scottsdale.  It's a little pricey especially compared to what you posted, but definitely worth trying out!!!!
Mike I will look for that one. I have some friends that can appreciate a high quality, really hot, sauce. When we get together over the holidays I like to have something interesting on hand.

A bunch of black kettles
-JC

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2017, 11:45:23 AM »
Mike I will look for that one. I have some friends that can appreciate a high quality, really hot, sauce. When we get together over the holidays I like to have something interesting on hand.

With the Tamarind in it it's actually a fairly mild sauce for a ghost pepper hot sauce.  It's very unique and it doesn't have an vinegar in it.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!