Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A shout out to.... Well, I don’t know who.?  (Read 2935 times)

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
A shout out to.... Well, I don’t know who.?
« on: November 08, 2017, 08:32:09 AM »

I am beside myself, boys. I am always amazed at the WKC fellowship and friendship between us and the willingness to help each other.

@kneab put an #1800 Weber sidekick table up for sale last week in the member sales and trade section. I had commented that I would like to have that, but Christmas Time was here and left it at that. I noticed a couple days later Karl had updated his post saying the table had sold. I thought nothing of it.

Yesterday, I’m winterizing our camper and see a FedEx driver pull up in front of my house and drop off a box. I take it inside, my bride asking what is it, and I’m saying that I have no idea. I haven’t ordered anything lately.
I open up the box and there is the #1800 sidekick. I’m looking at her like what the hell is going on here? No note, no nothing.
I’ll tell her that I think this is the one that Karl was selling, and something is going on, so I message him asking if it’s his and what the deal is. He tells me “someone” bought it and has shipped it to me, but wants to remain anonymous.

ARE YOU SERIOUS!!

Man, I am again beside myself. I didn’t press him with who it is, but I do, however, want to say Thankyou to whoever so very much for the incredible thoughtfulness and generosity. I would very much like to personally Thankyou, either with a pm or whatever, if I might ask. If not, I will leave it be.

I woke up this morning, assembled the table, put it on the chocolate and took some fall pictures and am cooking on it right now. I wanted to show “you” how appreciative I am of your generosity.

Fella’s, I’m not trying to be sappy or anything. We all know this club is special. I am always blown away by the fellowship here and damn fortunate to be apart of it. Here is Karls OP, and without further ado, some pics.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/member-sales-trades/for-sale-weber-sidekick-table-1800/

I removed the coffee cup after the pic, lol.

Thankyou again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MDurso

• WKC Brave
Re: A shout out to.... Well, I don’t know who.?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 08:41:30 AM »
Nice people, nice stories.  a nice pairing as well.
Inventor of things: labelers, automation, currency and counterfeit, cooking, gaming, tech industry, and medical.

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 08:45:45 AM »
Wow thats awesome!  So whatcha cooking?
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

SixZeroFour

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 08:46:57 AM »
What a great story - gotta love this place!

Huge kettle karma points to the generous gifter [emoji106]
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 08:47:37 AM »

Chicken wings!

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 08:48:59 AM »

Chicken wings!

I was going to guess duck breast based on the butcher paper wrapped package!  Wings look delish!
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 09:10:03 AM »
Great story @Travis and that brownie looks great with that table.  Thanks for sharing.
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

buckeyesmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 09:13:17 AM »
Looks good on the Brownie  !! An looks like you will enjoy/use your Xmas  gift. Congrats

Sent from my SM-N950U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Search of Blue or Green MBH

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 09:15:26 AM »
... I had commented that I would like to have that ...

I'm totally gonna go back to every for sale thread ever and bump them all up with that line. I'll be totally stocked, and stoked!  ;)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
A shout out to.... Well, I don’t know who.?
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 09:19:35 AM »
Fantastic fall pictures and what a great surprise!  I like the action photo with the coffee. Also, I can’t wait to cook wings direct again. I’ve grown weary of many experimental methods that do everything but GRILL chicken wings lol
Your wings look great.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 09:22:19 AM by HoosierKettle »

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2017, 09:26:02 AM »
Wow guys, just awesome!
Congratulations Travis, and to the mystery grillfella, may kettle karma come back to you ten fold

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2017, 09:26:40 AM »
Oh and the wings do look great! Might have to try direct again too, been a long time...

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2017, 09:44:38 AM »
That's great stuff right there.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2017, 09:46:57 AM »
Thanks fella’s, and I’m right with you about the wings. I’ve expiremented with the wing rings, baskets, vortex and they all work as advertised, but I’ve found I like the old fashioned sear n slide the best.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2017, 09:49:40 AM »
awesome story!! another thumbs up to the whole club. Nice wings too.
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill