Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Anybody here get a condiment holder off of CL in Philly this week?  (Read 1142 times)

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
I'm in NY and found a condiment holder on Craigslist in Philly.  Had been talking the seller for the past week or two and finally got her to get me some shipping quotes.  She kept trying to talk me out of the deal saying how shipping ($10 and change) was far more than the cost of the item itself.  I told her it was no problem and I was gladly willing to pay.  Seemed that it took her two or three days to reply each time.  Recently though we were finalizing the deal after I agreed to pay the shipping and even offered to pay her a few more bucks for the condiment holder.  Well she gets back to me yesterday and says she has someone local who is a weber enthusiast that is interested so she is selling to him instead.  She was quite enamored by the fact that this local enthusiast has 5 grills including a red one from 1977 and she had no idea these were collectibles.  I asked if she knew whether this other seller might be a member here and she said she'd ask.  I opted to not bother telling her I have 4 kettles currently, am buying number 5 tonight, won an ebay auction for number 6 last night which should arrive next week, and a great member here agented my number 7 for me from a seller in New Hampshire.  (thanks again @603kettle for getting me that simpsons SJ....cant wait for it to arrive so I can start a new thread about that one!).

So if you're the buyer in Philly congrats!....but I also hate you lol.
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: Anybody here get a condiment holder off of CL in Philly this week?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 08:15:24 AM »
Win some, lose some.  Hopefully another one will pop up soon closer to you. 

May I suggest next time you proactively create a UPS/FedEx packing slip and email it to them as part of your correspondence.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 08:33:31 AM »
Win some, lose some.  Hopefully another one will pop up soon closer to you. 

May I suggest next time you proactively create a UPS/FedEx packing slip and email it to them as part of your correspondence.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Yeah, cant win em all.  Oh well.  A packing slip is an interesting idea.  But without having the item in hand and knowing what kind of box the seller might have, I'm not sure how to do that properly?

I actually lucked out on another non local CL deal.  Got a lantern sent to me.  Thought for sure I was getting screwed on that one as the seller claimed they had no paypal and only dealt in cash.  So I actually threw a few bucks in an envelope and mailed it to him.  To my great surprise he followed through and I got the lantern a week later!
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

mdb240

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 08:34:02 AM »
That was totally me!  I made arrangements to meet with her sometime in early September and it fell through when my wife canceled her doctors appointment around the planned pick-up area.  I live a little under an hour away so it was tough to get away with work, kids and all.  When the original plans went through I asked her to mail it to me... and she refused.  I had a planned day off yesterday and told her about 2 weeks ago I could meet her.  She seemed like a nice older lady.  During the pick-up ( Once cash was exchanged and holder in my car) I told her my experience with Weber, etc..  She said she had hers forever so I asked what color it was and she replied it was black so I backed off a bit. She then went to mention that she bought 2 of the condiment holders originally, the one she sold as a backup, expecting it to rust or something... which it never did.  She mentioned that she used to have the table with it as well but she broke the wood table by soaking it in the sink one day ( I actually posted mentioning about the table in a different posting.  I put it on my newly acquired 1977 Red and texted a photo to her :)

Cellar2ful

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 08:36:11 AM »

@lksdrinker - Sign up for the WKC Secret Santa exchange and mention a condiment rack in your gift request.  I have seen several members receive condiment racks as their gift the last couple of years. 

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/meetups-events/secret-santa-2017-sign-up/
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 08:37:45 AM »
That was totally me!  I made arrangements to meet with her sometime in early September and it fell through when my wife canceled her doctors appointment around the planned pick-up area.  I live a little under an hour away so it was tough to get away with work, kids and all.  When the original plans went through I asked her to mail it to me... and she refused.  I had a planned day off yesterday and told her about 2 weeks ago I could meet her.  She seemed like a nice older lady.  During the pick-up ( Once cash was exchanged and holder in my car) I told her my experience with Weber, etc..  She said she had hers forever so I asked what color it was and she replied it was black so I backed off a bit. She then went to mention that she bought 2 of the condiment holders originally, the one she sold as a backup, expecting it to rust or something... which it never did.  She mentioned that she used to have the table with it as well but she broke the wood table by soaking it in the sink one day ( I actually posted mentioning about the table in a different posting.  I put it on my newly acquired 1977 Red and texted a photo to her :)

Nice....congrats!  Expect to hear from that seller again.....shes continued to email me and is on the lookout for any weber gear lol.  I asked her to find out if whomever bought the condiment holder might be a member here! 

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 08:38:27 AM »

@lksdrinker - Sign up for the WKC Secret Santa exchange and mention a condiment rack in your gift request.  I have seen several members receive condiment racks as their gift the last couple of years. 

Didnt even know there was a secret  santa.  Cool!  I'm in!

mdb240

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 08:38:34 AM »
There was no changing the lady's mind about anything.. I didn't have change with me to pay her $18 so I gave her a $20... She made sure that she gave me back $2 even after I insisted that she shouldn't worry about it.

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 08:43:25 AM »
There was no changing the lady's mind about anything.. I didn't have change with me to pay her $18 so I gave her a $20... She made sure that she gave me back $2 even after I insisted that she shouldn't worry about it.

LOL....she did seem very nice.   She just lamented over the fact that she didnt have another condiment holder that she might be able to sell me.  Did the $18 also get you the utensils?

mdb240

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 08:46:30 AM »
Yeah, I was told her I didn't really need them so she could keep them if she would like... again she insisted that it as part of the deal.  She has another one... she just currently uses it from her description.  She said that she bought it with her grill but the Copyright date on the holder ( still attached to cardboard packaging ) as 1984.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2017, 09:08:36 AM »

Didnt even know there was a secret  santa.  Cool!  I'm in!

@LightningBoldtz @Troy

Perhaps sticky a link at the top of each section?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2017, 09:11:02 AM »
Yeah, I was told her I didn't really need them so she could keep them if she would like... again she insisted that it as part of the deal.  She has another one... she just currently uses it from her description.  She said that she bought it with her grill but the Copyright date on the holder ( still attached to cardboard packaging ) as 1984.

LOL...she sort of implied that the other buyer (you) wanted the condiment holder and the utensils which is why she was agreeing to the deal.  Please do let me know if she ends up reaching out again to ask you about the WKC !