Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: IAP + SnS Basket + BGE half moon drip pan  (Read 1509 times)

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
IAP + SnS Basket + BGE half moon drip pan
« on: November 05, 2017, 04:27:59 PM »
I wanted to share my setup on my older 18” three-wheelers.
18” Internal Ash Pan from a Happy CookerTwo perpendicular gratesThe stainless steel Slow n’ Sear charcoal basket for 18”Large BGE half moon drip panCraycortsGratuitous cook pic - 4lb ribeye roast with horseradish crust; Stubbs and oakTime to clean up
As you can see, some ash does get down pass the IAP into the bowl.  No denying that.  There’s also grease in the bottom, and I can’t be sure if I didn’t spill some while removing the shallow drip pan, or if the meat above overlapped the edges of the pan.  Either way, cleanup is much easier than normal. 

Keep your eyes open for the HC IAPs. 
The drip pans can be bought off ebay.
Thanks for looking and hope y’all had a great weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: IAP + SnS Basket + BGE half moon drip pan
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 07:17:01 PM »
I have one 18.5 kettle with daisy wheels. Except for the daisy wheels, I love it ... and wanna pimp it some. So thanks for this post.

I bought an ash pan for a 22.5" OTS that I'm hoping will fit well enough to mimic an IAP for an 18.5" Weber. The dimensions are close and it's concave. Just gotta drill some holes in it for air.

Why the double charcoal grates? Doesn't the SnS, along with the regular grate, not already prevent pieces from falling through?

Speaking of which, I want that SnS but haven't yet decided on the SS or the aluminized steel version yet. Looks like from your photos it covers 50% of the kettle, but that doesn't sound right?

One last thing to pester you about. I didn't see those pans on BGE's site, are they 3rd party, "made for" a BGE?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 07:21:31 PM »
Fantastic set up. Nice looking groceries too!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 07:30:31 PM »
 Looks great.  I noticed the charcoal holder takes up nearly half of the grill space. That’s both a positive and negative I suppose.  Any reason you couldn’t use heavy duty foil for a drip pan versus the bge thing?  Also have you used it as a griddle yet?

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 07:32:09 PM »
And I’m extremely bummed I have never done ribeye roast. I bet it was incredible.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 05:52:56 AM »

Why the double charcoal grates? Doesn't the SnS, along with the regular grate, not already prevent pieces from falling through?

Looks like from your photos it covers 50% of the kettle, but that doesn't sound right?

I didn't see those pans on BGE's site, are they 3rd party, "made for" a BGE?

You’re right, I don’t need the double charcoal grates, especially with the SnS basket, but I pretty much always use double charcoal grates.  I have enough of them laying around.

Yeah, the 18” SnS basket provides a little less than 50% cooking surface area. 

I found them on eBay; you’ll have to double check me on the sizing.  https://www.ebay.com/i/132171797586

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club