Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My first PSB  (Read 1233 times)

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
My first PSB
« on: November 04, 2017, 08:43:48 AM »
I followed Larry Wofle's recipe. I smoked 5 pounds of Chuck roast at 250 for about 3 hours  until the internal temp was about 160. Then chopped up the veggies, poured in the stout, put the meat on top, wrapped tightly in foil in the oven at 350. The internal temp got to 210 after only 2 hours but the meat was still not fork tender. Following advice from @addicted-to-smoke  I kept it in for another hour and it was good to go! Shredded then back in the oven uncovered for 30 minutes to reduce the liquid.

I had some tastes while I was sleeping and it was good! It was also my first time smoking with cherry and I really like that flavor. I made this yesterday and am taking it to small group today so we'll see what the crowd says.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 08:47:07 AM by Firemunkee »
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
Re: My first PSB
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 09:55:46 AM »
Yep, that's exactly what it's supposed to look like ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

bear

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 12:38:13 PM »

I had some tastes while I was sleeping and it was good!

I sometimes sleepwalk, sometimes dream about BBQ, but this is next level Dedicated!

AnyThingGrilled

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 12:41:16 PM »
Lord Have Mercy that looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

The_Masteres

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 01:23:17 PM »

I sometimes sleepwalk, sometimes dream about BBQ, but this is next level Dedicated!

LOL 😂

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 01:49:55 PM »
Glad it worked out! Now, if I could only follow my own advice more often I'd be a better chef. Maybe.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 07:07:23 PM »

LOL 😂

Gotta love that swipe guessing what word you're trying to spell!

As an update everyone loved the food! One guy has a big green egg and is super good at using it and he loved this dish! Everyone had seconds, even all the people that don't eat much. Definitely a keeper recipe. I had to omit the jalapenos this time because some of the folk don't do spicy so I hope to add them next time.
Together we'll fight the long defeat.