Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Steak and wrapped asparagus  (Read 761 times)

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
Steak and wrapped asparagus
« on: November 03, 2017, 02:23:45 AM »
I had a friend visiting from out of town and he wanted steak. Picked up some +1lb ribeyes, and finally tried the prosciutto wrapped asparagus. I did half wrapped with provolone and half without. Cooked everything indirect and seared the steaks at the end. I don't have any fancy toys yet so I just had the coals banked to one side. The asparagus was delicious! They were just barely cooked so I'll have to remember to put them on earlier. I keep overshooting steak but this was the first time i was able to get a decent sear, and no band of well done meat, so I was pleased. Sorry, no cook pictures as my phone decided to crap out at that time.

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Steak and wrapped asparagus
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 03:52:55 AM »
Looks fantastic!  No toys needed. Just kettle, fire, and food. That’s how I cook 90% of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 04:45:24 AM »
☝️true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 04:46:39 AM »
Delicious looking plate of grub right there.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 08:27:50 AM »
Nice work.  Simple is good.  that looks great.  I'm sure everyone walked away happy!
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM