Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Edgemaster SS GBS  (Read 1281 times)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Edgemaster SS GBS
« on: October 30, 2017, 09:43:47 AM »
With the talk lately of the new red grill getting a stainless GBS overseas I did some Google fu and found this guy:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073VR2X5Y/ref=dp_sp_detail?psc=1

By the description its 201 SS and from some research 201 should hold up to grilling pretty well.  Does anyone have this grate?  If so, what say you?
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Edgemaster SS GBS
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 09:53:24 AM »
Wow, stainless, I like it
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 11:32:30 AM »
Wow, only $30. 201 likely isn't strong enough to last very long for a GBS grate that's expected to support CI cookware in the middle. My original nickel-plate GBS grate never whimpers even with a 5 or 7 QT dutch oven with lid is right in the middle.

But I'd rock a cheap 201 regular grate any day of the week for normal cooks. Or maybe this one, just not with GBS inserts. This is probably idea for you Vortex owners, just remove the center and enjoy SS goodness for the rest.

They also sell a cast iron version, however: https://www.amazon.com/Edgemaster-Gourmet-Cooking-Replacement-charcoal/dp/B074MWS172/ref=pd_day0_86_7?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B074MWS172&pd_rd_r=M0G14G6V3DT235T81QAN&pd_rd_w=g1j4S&pd_rd_wg=ZRsQQ&psc=1&refRID=M0G14G6V3DT235T81QAN
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 11:42:13 AM »
I really want a ss gbs grate. We all should start calling weber and demanding that they should start selling ss gbs grate. My friend is currently in Asia so I asked him to buy one for me. He said it retails for about $65 out there. 

JV

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 11:45:33 AM »
$65 for Weber's SS GBS, really? That's cheaper than their regular (and thinner) SS grate, isn't it?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Edgemaster SS GBS
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 11:47:55 AM »
$65 for Weber's SS GBS, really? That's cheaper than their regular (and thinner) SS grate, isn't it?
Well i just hope it's really ss and he didn't make a mistake on the exchange rate.
JV
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 11:52:38 AM by Jules V. »