Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Glassware  (Read 2774 times)

varekai

• WKC Ranger
Re: Glassware
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2018, 08:05:25 PM »
glass and patios never mix....
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2018, 08:08:49 PM »
Its not a direct comparison, but I turned on the wrong burner on my stove and had an empty Pyrex baking dish sitting on top of it.  The thing exploded into bits all over my kitchen, with me standing about two feet away.  I'm glad I had my back turned.  I've only used metal on the grill.

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2018, 03:36:09 AM »
Like the idea of stainless. Easy to clean and no metal reaction with the food. I have noticed that dark metal absorbs radiated heat and browns stuff darker in the oven. Have used foil under to keep things from getting burned. Only use cast for the heat retention if pan searing meat, but a good stainless can do that too.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 03:43:36 AM by TD »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2018, 05:56:42 AM »
I hate using glassware inside so I don’t use it outside either. I think they are a pain in the ass to clean. I use disposable or cast iron.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Shanks Kop

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2018, 12:35:25 AM »
I'm pretty sure those are half pan. Dimensions should be roughly 12"x10". Height varies from 2"-6".  Available with 2 types of lids, fully enclosed or notched.
[emoji106]  I hear they are pretty versatile

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2018, 01:22:38 AM »
I use a 1/2 tray for a drip pan.. fits perfect between the Weber charcoal baskets. You can also add another size to extend it farther.
1/3 with the corners trimmed works great in my JJ.
Small square ones are perfect for a can of baked beans or other yummy foods ;-)
Since I got my S’nS and drip ‘n Griddle set I use the D’nG in my 22” and that’s where it stays.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Shanks Kop

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2018, 01:26:16 AM »
I use a 1/2 tray for a drip pan.. fits perfect between the Weber charcoal baskets. You can also add another size to extend it farther.
1/3 with the corners trimmed works great in my JJ.
Small square ones are perfect for a can of baked beans or other yummy foods ;-)
Since I got my S’nS and drip ‘n Griddle set I use the D’nG in my 22” and that’s where it stays.

What's depth do you prefer?

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2018, 01:33:54 AM »
[/quote]
Yes they are very versatile especially with the lids. I have a dozen each of the 1/3, 1/2 and full size in various depths. With proper care, they should last a lifetime. 

Shanks Kop

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2018, 01:35:00 AM »
Yes they are very versatile especially with the lids. I have a dozen each of the 1/3, 1/2 and full size in various depths. With proper care, they should last a lifetime.
[/quote]A dozen of each wow, that's a shed load.  What kind of things do you do with them?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
Glassware
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2018, 01:41:36 AM »
Our pans are in MM depth .. google it to convert it. Most are standard depths.
1/2 size  by 65mm is the perfect center drip pan.
1/4 size by 65mm turned sideways will make it longer and full coverage.
1/6 size by 65mm is what I use for a can of beans or veggies or even sauces.
The 1/2 size by 100mm is what you can put a leg of lamb and potato’s in.
What ever size you get.. pick up a lid for it also! Always a good idea to keep things warm or just covered to keep spatters down.
In the photo I have a steaming insert, I haven’t used it yet but looks handy.
Plan is to use the steamer and deep pan with lid in place of wrapping hot and fast ribs in foil. Maybe I’ll try it today ? I’ll have to cut the ribs in half to fit them in there.
Could also work good for steaming fish.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 02:14:18 AM by vwengguy »

Shanks Kop

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2018, 03:11:10 AM »
Our pans are in MM depth .. google it to convert it. Most are standard depths.
1/2 size  by 65mm is the perfect center drip pan.
1/4 size by 65mm turned sideways will make it longer and full coverage.
1/6 size by 65mm is what I use for a can of beans or veggies or even sauces.
The 1/2 size by 100mm is what you can put a leg of lamb and potato’s in.
What ever size you get.. pick up a lid for it also! Always a good idea to keep things warm or just covered to keep spatters down.
Plan is to use the steamer and deep pan with lid in place of wrapping hot and fast ribs in foil. Maybe I’ll try it today ? I’ll have to cut the ribs in half to fit them in there.
Could also work good for steaming fish.

I'm in the UK so I can work with MM[emoji2] . Space is fast running out with BBQ goodies

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2018, 03:20:27 AM »
Choose your battles with BBQ Goodies / Gadgets carefully.
Buy the best and forget the rest.
Pans like these are good for a life time! And they are $$ cheaper in the long run compared to buying throw away alum drip trays. 

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2018, 10:29:00 AM »

A dozen of each wow, that's a shed load.  What kind of things do you do with them?

[/quote]

We host quite a bit of large informal gatherings especially during the warmer  months so they come in handy. We use them as a serving tray instead of using aluminum pans. Foods that are kept warm goes in a chafer, cold ones are stacked with ice on the bottom. The shape is a great space saving while in the the fridge  as they stack very nicely.  We also use it for our daily food preps and storage for lefovers. Can never have too many although i got carried away with the full size pans.
And yes i have them stored in the shed, garage, around my grilling area and in the pantry.

Unexpected use for the full size pans. Four are in my ssp's full time.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2018, 10:50:08 AM »

Also have a couple of steaming inserts but never thought of using it for hot n fast ribs. I've been using a rack instead.  Sometimes i use it for pork butt,chuck and brisket also.  Can't really tell the difference with wrapping with foil.  If you have a 26, the full size would be perfect since you don't have to cut the ribs.