Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pulled Pork with a cool trick  (Read 2773 times)

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
Pulled Pork with a cool trick
« on: September 27, 2017, 11:08:09 AM »
These puppies totaled over 22 pounds at the start. I hit them with MHGP, and JAB, wrapped and into the fridge overnight. Nothing like opening the fridge to that wonderful smell first thing in the AM. They have fallen victim to RO lump. I like to cook butts between 250 and 300... they are holding steady at 284, fat cap up. These were done on one of my Smoke E-Z Rigs. Here they are 2 hours in:

At 4 hours, I'll flip them fat cap down into a pan to catch the juices. I squirt them down about every hour with this mix... I changed it up a bit:

Worchy sauce
Cranberry juice
Rum
Secret Aardvark Hot Sauce
Beef stock. Yup. Was gonna use pork stock, butt there was none left.

Finger test proved to be yummers!

@ 4 hours, into the "slightly" modified pans, fat cap down...

This is what I am using now for the "spritz". Works beautifully, no mechanical parts to fail... Love it.

More squirts, lid closed, rock on.

The finished product:

Pulled

This is how I package. Vac bagged and flattened using a rolling pin for easy freezer storage. This was my bride's idea. She is the queen of storage...

This is 10 pounds of individual servings for The Country Store, a local bar/restaurant featuring live Blues music throughout the week.

Thanks for checking out my meat!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Pulled Pork with a cool trick
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 11:20:30 AM »
Man, those are some great pics, and your bride has perfect storage solutions!
All this reminded me the other day at work I saw a fellow coworker have pulled pork for his lunch. It was crockpot pulled pork and look like total mush. I almost cried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 11:33:00 AM »
That is just amazing meat!!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 11:37:03 AM »
Man, those are some great pics, and your bride has perfect storage solutions!
All this reminded me the other day at work I saw a fellow coworker have pulled pork for his lunch. It was crockpot pulled pork and look like total mush. I almost cried.

Thanks!

Yup. Some folks just don't get it. When I introduced my pulled pork to The Country Store, people went nutz over it. They had never had it cooked the way it is supposed to be cooked. All I know is, they request it, and when we run out, I get, "So, when are you gonna get off your ass and make some more?!" :) I keep them stocked as often as I can.

Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 11:41:05 AM »
That is just amazing meat!!

Thanks!! I've done soooo many of these, butt I never get tired of doing them. Feed the peeps. If they like it, they come back. YAY!!

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 06:27:07 PM »
Yum!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 04:37:33 AM »
Looks amazing! How long did the total cook take?
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 07:46:43 AM »
Pork looks great!

What's your opinion on the Smoke EZ?  I have been playing with mine this summer and I'm still not sold.  I had drums for years and they just seem like less work than the Smoke EZ.  I'm not necessarily bashing it, BTW.

cumminfourya

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 08:11:17 AM »
Damn that looks good. Really like that packing, great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2017, 08:29:18 AM »
I love the color on those butts as they smoke
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2017, 09:32:30 AM »
Great cook!  I always freeze a bag or two of pulled pork in a similar fashion each cook.  Works great to reheat for tacos, enchiladas, pulled pork sandwiches, and chili.  It reheats really good in the bag in a pot of barely simmering water...tasted like it came right off of the grill!

62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Yendor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 12:31:19 PM »
Got it, rolling pin to flatten I do the same thing to stock up for the winter. Looks fantastic.

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 01:50:25 PM »
Love pulled pork! Looks great. I vavpac mine butt I love the idea of the rolling pin.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2017, 03:50:54 PM »
Subject line reminds me of those cheesy click bait ads on websites: "Pulled pork done in new way with this one weird trick."

:)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2017, 04:03:41 AM »
Thanks everyone! Try the rolling pin method... grate for storage!