Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Go Anywhere History  (Read 3472 times)

Troy

• Statesman
Weber Go Anywhere History
« on: September 18, 2017, 01:05:29 PM »
Huge thanks to member @Neil_VT00 for researching and putting all of this together!

http://weberkettleclub.com/blog/2017/09/18/weber-go-anywhere-history/

MDurso

• WKC Brave
Re: Weber Go Anywhere History
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 01:16:24 PM »
Interesting article, nice work.

Erich Schlosser and I had a few conversations about the GA and for a long time it was going to be dumped by Weber because of increasing costs (like it really was a blip) but "they just couldn't seem to shake it's popularity..."
Inventor of things: labelers, automation, currency and counterfeit, cooking, gaming, tech industry, and medical.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 02:43:53 PM »
Read that today. Nicely put together. I never pay attention to the GGA but the new slotted grate sorta looks like a Grill Grates knockoff. Wonder if it would be good to use on a CGA.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 02:46:12 PM »
Great article. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 03:03:46 PM »
So which gga is considered better?  New or pre-2014?  I played it safe and recently picked up one with the flavorizer. I'll always go with old when I don't know the answer.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 03:18:27 PM »
I just picked up an A code  “Portable Table-Top Grill” yesterday.
I didn't realize until I read the write up that I had snagged one from the first year. Nice surprise.
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

james1787

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 05:52:13 PM »
Great article! I've been eyeing these up. If I get one, I want to get a colored one (in other words if I come across a colored one.. I'll get it!)
Seeking either 56-58 anything or Westerner

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 05:53:06 PM »
Hey @Neil_VT00
That's a great write up.  Thank You
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

Golly

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 12:27:00 AM »
grate work @Neil_VT00
GET ON THAT SHIT
WONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

nolch01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 02:00:17 AM »
My GGA cooks great hot and fast for steaks/burgers.  Now I need to add the CGA to the stable.  Would love to find a colored one.  Great work

« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 02:09:38 AM by nolch01 »

MDurso

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2017, 05:09:29 AM »
I have a different valve (one that was considered for production) on my GGA.  I love that thing.  Great for White Sox or Northwestern tailgating, various picnics...  Originally it had Marboro/Weber promo handles, but I couldn't find the 3 handle.  So I shelved the Marlboro wood for current plastic.  Great and simple from the mind or Erich Schlosser.  I am fairly certain he is responsible for all if not most of the GA grills.
Inventor of things: labelers, automation, currency and counterfeit, cooking, gaming, tech industry, and medical.

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 05:55:57 AM »
Thanks everyone. Glad you all are enjoying the article.

This started for me when I found the grill below. It was listed in CA and I was trying to figure out how old it was with a minimally responsive seller. I started searching around and figured it was an A-C so I bought it. There was no history article so I decided to compile my research. It was a fun little project.

Wanted: Burgundy 18"

MDurso

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 06:02:16 AM »
Thanks everyone. Glad you all are enjoying the article.

This started for me when I found the grill below. It was listed in CA and I was trying to figure out how old it was with a minimally responsive seller. I started searching around and figured it was an A-C so I bought it. There was no history article so I decided to compile my research. It was a fun little project.

I'm clicking "like" on this.

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 10:09:56 AM »
I'm back at a computer so I can tag people...

Thanks @Troy for reformatting and posting this on the site.

There were a lot of people that I reached out to for information about their grills. Thanks @JEBIV @harris92 @bear @Jocool and @hillbilly for sending me pictures and information.
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 10:20:30 AM »
The Grey I got was NIB 1989 as referenced in the post when I discovered it-

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/for-the-handles/
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM