Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Happy labor day!  (Read 1415 times)

mattlillis73

• WKC Brave
Happy labor day!
« on: September 04, 2017, 03:09:14 PM »
Labor Day marks the end of the summer for most Americans. Also it marks the end of grilling seasons. I don't know about you but fall is when I grill the most. There's nothing I love more than football and grilling. It was a great summer for adding kettles to my family. Just curious what everyone scored this summer.  Go Lions!!! Let's win a playoff game this year.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Re: Happy labor day!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 03:59:27 PM »
Couldn't agree more, except for me it was damn near too hot to grill this season, longest consecutive days over 100 and some other heat records broken in the bay area. So for me fall is the kick off of grilling season , football is my sport and there's nothing better then firing up the grill making good ass food and doing some tailgate cooks. Should be a good football season of cooking and scoring the end of the year weber finds

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 06:34:06 PM »
Great spread!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Exdalawer

• Happy Cooker
    • whoagirls
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 09:11:49 PM »
I live in Washington, so it was actually perfect for grilling out today. Lucky me I guess. Happy no work day!

Merkong

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 08:31:25 AM »
Awesome lineup! And I'd venture to say that those on this site are year rounders...

All of my gasser friends though, not so much..,

"You're hungry? I'll fire up the grills..."

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 03:32:05 AM »
I go year round but typically notch it up a bit in the fall.  Apart from being my favourite season, summer and to a less extent spring is a bit difficult with football season going full swing with games and practices taking up three nights a week usually.  So when football ends in late July or early August, I have more time in the evenings for cooking outside.

To be honest, I don't understand why there's such a powerful psychological deadline surrounding Labour Day with barbecues getting put away and cottages being closed up etc.  People are missing out on some of the best time to enjoy those things since it's still nice out during the fall and peak bug season's over, and you won't get sunburnt nearly as easily as during the summer.  September and October are both excellent months to be outside.  I remember when I bought my fire pit last September at an end of season sale at Cabela's, the lady helping me out mentioned that fire pit season was pretty much over and I pointed out that it had really just begun, now that it was starting to be cool in the evenings.  She gave it some thought and then agreed it was strange to consider the start of the cool weather the end of the season for heat generating fire pits.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 07:41:57 PM »
Heck, this is the time I'm grillin' big time.

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 07:23:25 AM »
After shoveling out of 15' of sunshine here in phoenix, it's always grill, smoke, and bbq season here.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 07:23:54 AM »
After shoveling out of 15' of sunshine here in phoenix, it's always grill, smoke, and bbq season here.

Merkong

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2017, 04:37:38 AM »
Wow.

"You're hungry? I'll fire up the grills..."