Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grillfellas: Bman rulz  (Read 1508 times)

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
Grillfellas: Bman rulz
« on: April 30, 2013, 06:53:03 PM »
Since he mentioned it on another thread, I thought I should share the collaborative adventure we had in Northern Virginia this weekend. 

Last weekend, Bman used the forum to point me to a free Platinum in my neighborhood.  But alas, I was at my daughter's soccer game, and my phone is a dumb one, so I didn't even see the post until it was way too late.  So I PMed my cell number to Bman, telling him to text me if there was ever another kettle emergency. 

Sure enough, I was walking up to the same soccer field one week later when I got a text from Bman about a free black SS in my town.  Bman was stuck at work, and he's that kind of generous guy and so he told me about it.  But like I said, my phone is dumb, so I was dead in the water.  Pained by the thought of the grill getting away, I texted my friend/neighbor Aaron.  He's been collecting a few Webers (a P redhead Mastertouch and a WSM), and he helped me find my black SS so I knew he would be interested.  Aaron was in class, but had his iPhone ready and so he closed the deal.  He brought the grill home that afternoon and we did some frame repair on it and it's (almost) ready to go.  Just needs an old-style ash sweeper).

So three cheers for Bman, a hell of a guy who loves to share the wealth.  And who has some serious kettle karma working these days. 
One of the charcoal people.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
Re: Grillfellas: Bman rulz
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 07:06:56 PM »
Ya gotta love that Karma!  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 07:09:02 PM »
Gotta love the teamwork.....

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 07:40:12 PM »
A combination hit, the old one-two and three. Great story, glad it had a happy ending.......but, where are the pictures. 

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 07:57:23 PM »
Nice! I agree share. Closed the deal for Aman on the Simpson.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 08:48:00 PM »
Awesome teamwork guys with a great ending!  8)

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 08:55:33 PM »
Awesome teamwork guys with a great ending!  8)
I second that!