Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Finally got my White whale!  (Read 1556 times)

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Finally got my White whale!
« on: August 10, 2017, 08:37:58 PM »
Last night I stumbled across an ad for a used 26er. 5 bags of charcoal, chimney, cover, grill and wait for it a sns xl for... $250.  Now Nashville hasn't been the market for a 26er.  Maybe 3 I've seen in 4-5 years. So naturally I'm excited but there is one problem. The misses wasn't too keen on the idea of yet another grill on the porch let alone a bigger grill.  I ran it past her last night and it was pretty much ignored.  Understandable since I ramble about this grill or that all the time.  I kept thinking about it and I knew the only way to get her on board was if I could get it cheaper.  By the ad I knew this guy knew exactly what he had and figured he wouldn't budge.  But I shot an email to him and we settled on $225. Ok awesome now I've got to sell it to the boss.  After some negotiations and a long newly added chores list with the addition of being cut off from buying anymore grills I got her to agree on it.  Upon arrival we chatted a little and found out he's a member here on wkc. I'm not sure how active but it was nice meeting another local grillfella!

I've never seen one of these in person, man that's a lot of real estate to play with! The sns xl is frigging heavy! Holy cow what a solid item, I'm seriously impressed with it.  He said he bought the grill 6 months ago or so. By the looks of it I'd have to agree it's in excellent condition. 

I'm really happy to finally find a good deal on a 26er.  I've been chasing one of these for a few years.  It's still not my grail which is a red 26 but at least I have one to play with now!

And tomorrow is my day off, sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

[attachment deleted by admin]
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
Re: Finally got my White whale!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 09:02:01 PM »
Congratulations!  You are going to love the 26.  It's amazing how much bigger the grill is but it really does not take up much more space than a 22.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 09:08:23 PM »
AWESOME!!!!!  and your "grail" is in my backyard...LOL   Thats a great score and story, now grill something and impress the hell out of the wife!!  feed her and she will relax the "rules"!
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2017, 09:37:08 PM »
congrats!  26'ers rock!
I only use kettles with lid bales.

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 09:38:48 PM »
I bought my newer one in June from a guy locally in excellent condition with a cover (for a great price). Mine didn't come with a SNS XL, but did come with a vortex and a new set of charcoal trays.

Long story short, I used to be a diehard 22" guy...but with the 26'er, I haven't looked back. I don't just love it. I freakin' love it!

I tell my wife every time I am grilling or smoking something on it : "Honey, have I told you I LOVE that grill?" She usually smirks.

Anyway, you'll discover, as I have...that it is truly a joy to cook on. Congratulations!

Oh...and I hate to tell you this, but I thought you should hear it from me first: You'll discover that even though you secretly want a red flat top 26, its going to be hard to walk away from the newer one. You'll see what I mean.

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 10:23:58 PM »
That is an outstanding score. It's pretty much the setup that I have - a 2015 26 and the SNS XL. It not only has great real estate value, but the SNS make the daily cook very convenient. I rotate through my 22s when that size fits the cook, but I find myself using the 26 more often.

I'm happy with that setup. And I bought mine all at list price, so I think that you are going to be very pleased with what you have found.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 02:31:00 AM »
Congrats! I too will get a 26er one day, hopefully red but if not no biggie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 06:02:14 AM »
Wow great score!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

fljoemon

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 07:29:14 AM »
Awesome .. I too am on the lookout for a 26inch kettle .. hopefully one will land soon :-)

cwmfour

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 11:11:22 AM »
Nice.  A 26 is in my future......someday.

Whit

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2017, 11:42:22 AM »
The 26" is the best "all around" versatile grill that Weber makes (with the exception of the Ranch Kettle). Smoking low and slow with the SNS XL is the only thing I use my 26" for. Absolutely no way will I ever go back to a 22 again - no way! It's just too small for me. Also, I would never own a 26er without having the SNS XL - it is an absolute MUST for a 26 kettle.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2017, 11:44:49 AM »
Congrats! I do not own a 26, butt wood gladly have one...
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.