Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: EPIC grill in FL that got away  (Read 1664 times)

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
EPIC grill in FL that got away
« on: July 30, 2017, 05:20:42 PM »
A buddy of mine has a lawn care company and he told me about an old Weber he'd seen. Said it was real old and gray, owned by an older fella. I told him half-heartedly to offer to trade him a new grill for it and I might buy it from him. The old man agreed, my buddy snapped some pics apparently, but I'd forgotten about it. About 6 weeks pass and my friend had finally got a grill to go make the trade. He gets there and the old man had moved away. My friends tells me about it, I ask to see the pics, and this is what he sent me. Dang. I can't believe this was in FL.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

[attachment deleted by admin]
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: EPIC grill in FL that got away
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 05:31:55 PM »
Wow! So close. Maybe it will come up again.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 05:43:48 PM »
Someone has to know where the owner moved to.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 06:08:21 PM »
@MINIgrillin I asked him what he knew and he said either N or S Carolina. That's all I've got.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

bigssa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 06:25:29 PM »
@MINIgrillin I asked him what he knew and he said either N or S Carolina. That's all I've got.
If it is anywhere near Charleston, SC then I'd be happy to facilitate the trade. I am completely serious, do the leg work to find out where the old man lives and I will try and help if I can.

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 09:08:47 PM »
You may be able to track the owner down and get it...why not give it a try?

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 06:00:04 AM »
Can you inquire with the next door neighbors? I bet they know where he went.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 07:30:15 AM »
Send a letter to the old address.  Hopefully it will be forwarded to the new one.
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 07:58:17 AM »
That is interesting.  Pic #2  was floated on a "Weber Group" well over a year ago.  Some guy in Florida came forward with it.  He purchased it from the older gentleman.

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2017, 08:04:26 AM »
Send a letter to the old address.  Hopefully it will be forwarded to the new one.

+1

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2017, 08:16:47 AM »
That is interesting.  Pic #2  was floated on a "Weber Group" well over a year ago.  Some guy in Florida came forward with it.  He purchased it from the older gentleman.
This probably was a year or so ago. He just sent me the pics a couple of days ago. But I'm about 99% certain he did not land it, unless he's holding out on me. Any chance you could locate the name of the poster? If it's still in central FL I can probably find it.

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2017, 08:20:11 AM »
I just did a Google Image search and got no matches.

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2017, 08:37:42 AM »
I'll go back and check.  It was posted on a thread in the Weber Grill Facebook page.  They asked on the Facebook page to post a pic of your old grill.  He posted pic #2 and mentioned he recently purchased the grill from the original owner.