Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Express (Kettle Exchange - 7 members, 7 kettles, 1 day)  (Read 1936 times)

Cellar2ful

I wanted to share this story as it is a great example of what networking with WKC members can accomplish.

Recently, a green 18" Platinum showed up on CL.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/18'-performer-in-elk-grove-ca/new/#new

As chronicled in the above thread, WKC member Jon had asked if anyone could agent the Platinum for him.  Seeing that several members had no luck in getting a response from the seller, I figured what could it hurt.  I sent the seller a text message and to my surprise he responded.  This was great except I was 2 hours from the seller in Elk Grove and Jon was 4 hours from me in Bakersfield.  I got to work texting all the WKC members I had numbers for in the sellers area. Mike in Roseville referred me to SacramentoWeber. Without hesitation, he offered to pick up the Platinum for Jon and then drive the 2 hours to deliver it to my house for Jon.  Apparently he had plans to make a trip to the Bay Area anyway.  Once word got out there was a Weber express run being made, a few more kettles were added.

Members involved in today's delivery, pickup, exchange and transfer:

@Jon   @inkaddictedchef1   @Heyjude   @pbe gummi bear  @SacramentoWeber  @Mike in Roseville and myself

Number of kettles involved -   7

These two kettles, along with a Gen #2 Performer not pictured for Heyjude were delivered by SacramentoWeber. The green Platinum is for Jon, the red MT for pbe gummi bear.

The yellow and faded black were loaded up and being transported back to the Sacramento area for inkaddictedchef1.  The 2 green SSP were both SacramentoWeber's.

Next weekend, Jon is making the 4 hour drive to the Bay Area to visit family.  While here he will pick up his green Platinum. 

« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 06:29:48 AM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

jdorn

• WKC Ranger
Re: Kettle Exchange - 7 members, 7 kettles, 1 day
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 12:23:48 AM »
So cool...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 03:56:38 AM »
Excellent teamwork, Fellas!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 04:25:44 AM »
That's awesome guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 05:07:38 AM »
Thumbs up!
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2017, 05:23:20 AM »
Nice collaboration.   I love reading stories like these.

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 05:29:51 AM »
Great teamwork guys. Looks like an awesome exchange.

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 08:26:48 AM »
What it's about, right there! [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 08:35:22 AM »
Very cool

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 12:08:04 PM »
So yeah, what a day.. I had been contacted by a member who was looking for an SS Performer.
I just happen to have a nice green one that I had cleaned up for resale. Green is not my color..Lol
Anyway, said member sent me pics of stuff he was willing to trade. So a deal was struck. I had planned to meet him half way to make the trade. I get a message on Friday night that said he was gonna be coming my way, could we meet?
I said, sure, bring it on. 11:00 rolls around, Hey Im gonna be closer to noon. 12:30 rolls around, I sent him a message. Closer to 1:00?  He said 12:45. OK great.. A few minutes later, up rolls Sacramento.. Lol

We talked and agreed to the trade. Talked some more shop.. and off he went to meet Castro Valley.. Lol
By the way in our chatting, he says, Hey did you see the ad for a Free 22 WSM and Performer.
I sad yeah, too far away for me and the guy said he would not hold it for more than 20 minutes. Great..
Anyway after he left, I get a call from Sacramento.. He says he got a call from the guy and said he still had it, can you come at 3:00?  I said, cool.. He said you want it? Huh, what? You're not gonna get it? He said his van was full.
Hmmm.. OK, yeah I'll go.. But my gut tells me I might be making a wasted trip An hour drive, I know traffic sucks even on Saturday. What the hell  I hose off and hit the road, knowing I need all that time to make the 3:00 schedule
I get the phone and address from Sacramento..  I see he said make it 3:15 Whew! I cross a bridge on below empty on the gas gauge. Great, more traffic. I text the guy saying 5 minutes. Cool. As I get close I see a Chevron. Sweet!
Make it to the guys house and no where to park Screw it! Flashers on in the middle of a one way street.. H meets me at his driveway.. Loaded up and gone!  My GPS takes me around a crazy road but manage to get back to the freeway.
3 Hour round trip, 120 miles later. I give you this!    My thanks to a great member for the hand off.
I definitely owe you more than one favor for sure!  8)

@SacramentoWeber
@Cellar2ful
@pbe gummi bear
@Jon
@inkaddictedchef1
@Mike in Roseville

« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 12:11:23 PM by Heyjude »
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017, 01:38:28 PM »
Another amazing store and great score!

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2017, 01:58:08 PM »
Great story.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2017, 02:13:27 PM »
Kettle carpool for the win. Nice job, team. Thanks for the MT, @inkaddictedchef1
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2017, 03:13:11 PM »
Love how much of a community effort can make.
Teamwork is key in all facets if life, from family to friends. Keep up the Kettle Karma.

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2017, 04:28:27 PM »
Kettle carpool for the win. Nice job, team. Thanks for the MT, @inkaddictedchef1
No problem... I  love it when a plan comes together.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app