Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: MBH Redhead Score  (Read 1689 times)

vader06

• WKC Ranger
MBH Redhead Score
« on: July 22, 2017, 04:39:48 PM »
This grill was frustrating to even try to purchase.  The person listed it on CL over two weeks ago. On the ad there was absolutely
no contact information.  None!  Several times I clicked on the send email to seller to add contact info to ad.  During this time the seller kept dropping the price on the grill and not adding the reply info. I even put an ad on CL for the seller to contact me about his grill.  I want it.  After a few more days and another price drop the seller contacted me this morning.   I promptly got in my vehicle when I am not supposed to drive because I just recently got neck surgery.  BAD ME but I was careful and did fine.  I will not do it again however unless I find a Brownie or an avocado.   The bonus with this Redhead the seller had some starter cubes too from 1995.  2 unopened boxes and 1 partial.    I thought that was very cool.  The grill is a beauty.  It has a nice peel on the lid.  It needs a good clean up and it will be super sexy.   

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Genesis Gold B, 18" WSM, 18" Yellow, 22" Blue OTG, 22" Lime MBH, 22"  Black SJ, Black Jumbo Joe Platinum and Red 22" LE.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: MBH Redhead Score
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 05:01:25 PM »
Super sexy redhead!  Great persistence in that score. 

bigssa

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 05:11:01 PM »
How much did you end up getting it for?

Cellar2ful

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 05:19:24 PM »

This grill was frustrating to even try to purchase.  The person listed it on CL over two weeks ago. On the ad there was absolutely
no contact information.  None!  Several times I clicked on the send email to seller to add contact info to ad.  During this time the seller kept dropping the price on the grill and not adding the reply info. I even put an ad on CL for the seller to contact me about his grill. I want it.  After a few more days and another price drop the seller contacted me this morning.   

Brilliant.  Don't think I would have thought of that.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Dc_smoke309

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 05:23:28 PM »
Dedication ...... i like it .

vader06

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 05:26:49 PM »

How much did you end up getting it for?

I got it for $30 It was originally listed for $60 and he kept dropping the price.

Genesis Gold B, 18" WSM, 18" Yellow, 22" Blue OTG, 22" Lime MBH, 22"  Black SJ, Black Jumbo Joe Platinum and Red 22" LE.

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 05:32:53 PM »
Was this in Livonia? Grate score!

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2017, 05:34:41 PM »
Sorry,  I meant Whitehall.

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2017, 05:37:48 PM »
Wow great score and good persistence.

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
MBH Redhead Score
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2017, 05:43:35 PM »
I wondered if it was one of us with the reply ad. Made me laugh that the poster kept dropping the price. Must've thought he was way over priced since he had no response. Glad you got it. It looks like a beauty.

It was in Whitehall.

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2017, 06:07:42 PM »
Lol I saw your ads. I did the same thing for a yellow with side table but the seller and I never connected. Congrats on your perseverance, she's a beauty and worth it.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2017, 08:11:28 PM »
Well done! First look at those cube boxes for me.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

mattlillis73

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2017, 11:57:32 PM »
I saw the same ad on Craigslist. I hit the option to send him a email about no contact info. Then I saw the ad you must have posted. Nice to know someone on here from the westside of the mitten. I'm always seeing nice kettles on your side.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

vader06

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2017, 06:05:22 AM »

Sorry,  I meant Whitehall.

Yes. Whitehall MI. I bought it from a really young guy that was nice enough to load the grill in my truck for me.  He told me he was given the grill from a relative of his that moved away. He did not have the patience for charcoal grilling.  I did not know you had to be patient to grill charcoal.   To each his own I guess.  I gained a nice grill. 

vader06

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2017, 06:08:06 AM »

I wondered if it was one of us with the reply ad. Made me laugh that the poster kept dropping the price. Must've thought he was way over priced since he had no response. Glad you got it. It looks like a beauty.

It was in Whitehall.

It is nice. It needs some TLC.  Thanks.