Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kettles, meet Pots  (Read 3766 times)

Troy

• Statesman
Kettles, meet Pots
« on: July 19, 2017, 01:20:28 PM »
I found this video of these guys that collect WASHING MACHINES.

This is a great reality check. If you watch this and your jaw drops, that is how people look at our club :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmmmxI-Y_6U

We could make this EXACT video, replacing washing machines with old grills.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Kettles, meet Pots
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 01:35:53 PM »
That's us to a tee LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 01:40:39 PM »
Oh man.  I couldn't look away and watched the whole thing.  I just hope there is never a nationally covered news story about Weber Kettles.  The market is already getting competitive as it is. 
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 01:41:05 PM »
Great find. I don't collect old appliances but I do use them because new machines are junk. We have a 1989 maytag washer and 1987 dryer that have been in continual use since I purchased them used 20 years ago. There's nothing I cant fix on them and I don't plan on ever replacing them. My wife could care less as long as they work.  I think they perfected appliances in the 70s and 80s and they have only gone down hill.

I carry this theme through most of our working machines around the house including lawn mowers. I mow the grass with a 1974 lawnboy and have 2 more 70s lawnboy to ensure I won't have to mow with anything else for the duration of my life [emoji3][emoji41]

My brother has 23 lawn boys and 2 webers. We are similar only I like webers more than lawn boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 01:47:51 PM »
It did make me think about my washing machine at my apartment.  I've always thought that having a "Magic Chef" washing machine is kind of funny for some reason.  It's made by may-tag when you look at the bottom side of the lid. 

62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 01:49:19 PM »
Great post, TFS.  A reproduction video would truly be hilarious.

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 01:50:56 PM »
Modern appliances don't seem to last well, that's for sure.  The dryer in my house broke down a couple of years after I moved in so I took it apart and found the problem, a broken drive belt, and fixed it myself. The most difficult part of the process was finding a replacement belt which was made a bit difficult because Sears is circling the drain and not stocking Kenmore parts anymore it seems. I found the equivalent Whirlpool belt at a local appliance repair shop after phoning a couple of places and turning up blanks. That experience gave me some insight in how older appliances are designed and built and the confidence to tackle repairing them myself when the need comes up vs have a repair shop send someone to do it or junking them and buying new ones.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 02:02:23 PM »
Check out this guys plastic chair collection!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sKYRga2uho

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 02:03:59 PM »

This is a great reality check. If you watch this and your jaw drops, that is how people look at our club :)

Yeah but at least we collect manly stuff that involves fire and food. That video should have been all women, j/s! Lol  :o 8) 
Kidding. Not kidding. Kidding...
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 02:15:57 PM »
Great videos! Imagine a recreation of the washing machine video with kettles instead. Puts things into perspective

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2017, 02:47:27 PM »

I bet his husband left him when he brought home "the pounder"...

You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2017, 02:49:45 PM »

Check out this guys plastic chair collection!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sKYRga2uho

Lol. How do you find this stuff. [emoji23][emoji23]

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2017, 03:02:09 PM »
I lost it when they talked about the guy that only collects "turquoise" appliances.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2017, 03:03:37 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmmmxI-Y_6U

@Troy PLEASE make that exact video with meet footage.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2017, 03:28:25 PM »
I don't know if I can evenly distribute the geekyness though. EVERYONE was geeking out... but i caught craiger the most (intentionally)