Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Good Dealings; Turned Sour  (Read 1386 times)

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Good Dealings; Turned Sour
« on: July 15, 2017, 07:57:09 PM »
Let me preface:
Note: If you want to vent, go ahead. However, this is not to be a "bashing" thread. No "naming names" here. Lets keep it classy, everyone.

The WKC is such an incredibly 'tight-knit' community. Members here always post on successes and kindly offer praise for each of those who help us out along our own "kettle journey." The honor and integrity I have seen with people I've met here is truly amazing. Many folks graciously offer to help others simply for a photograph of a restored kettle in action...and nothing more (not even for the thoughtful kettle karma that may come their way). Or.. people stick to a deal even though someone else offered them more money or a better trade.

So this leads me to the question: Out of all the good, and potentially great, deals you've had on your "kettle journey," how many took an unexpected turn... for the worse?

Possibly, you had issues with an agent? Maybe, a "kettle head" misrepresented something or gave you a bait-and-switch? Perhaps, a seller got wise and jacked-up the price?

If, in the past, you had a deal take a "sour" turn...what happened? Was it resolved?

The coals are hot. Time to talk around the fire.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 07:59:15 PM by Mike in Roseville »

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
Re: Good Dealings; Turned Sour
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 10:35:35 PM »
Preachin to the choir homie. We ALL have at least one of these stories. Not everyone here is all kumbaya and sh!|

Fill a chimney and drop a fat steak on. Watch your stress go up in smoke
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 10:38:25 PM by MINIgrillin »
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 10:53:10 PM »
Preachin to the choir homie. We ALL have at least one of these stories. Not everyone here is all kumbaya and sh!|

Fill a chimney and drop a fat steak on. Watch your stress go up in smoke
[emoji817]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 11:44:06 PM »
I'm trying to understand what good could come from this thread.  It's stipulated that there should be no bashing, or naming of names, but how would it be avoided?   

It would be different if the focus was outside, like a CL seller who sold the kettle to someone else after a deal was struck,  or said they would ship but never did.    But this is asking people to talk about interactions here between members. 

In another recent thread, this problem played out.  One side thought they were the aggrieved party and gave their version.  This prompted others to come forward to set the record straight from their perspective. 

In my view, it's simply counter productive and will just cause drama.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 06:43:50 AM »
I'm trying to understand what good could come from this thread.  It's stipulated that there should be no bashing, or naming of names, but how would it be avoided?   

It would be different if the focus was outside, like a CL seller who sold the kettle to someone else after a deal was struck,  or said they would ship but never did.    But this is asking people to talk about interactions here between members. 

In another recent thread, this problem played out.  One side thought they were the aggrieved party and gave their version.  This prompted others to come forward to set the record straight from their perspective. 

In my view, it's simply counter productive and will just cause drama.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Agree. There are a few bad apples in every bunch but there's no need to try and make pie with them. There's been a lot of drama lately, I'm more interested in the kettles and food they cook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2017, 06:48:09 AM »
@Mike in Roseville - do you realize what kind of place you have stumbled into? Do you know who we are?

This board is called the Weber Kettle Club. That last part....the Club part.....some bike gangs use that term very seriously. So do we. When you ask about someone screwing someone else over....well it has happened in the past but like they say we do not speak ill of the departed. This Club has members worldwide and our reach is just that......with some of us just waiting to be put into action on behalf of a brother. Longtime members have formed bonds and these bonds are the foundation of a solid board....we will support you in your Kettle needs with advice.......we will drive to buy rare Kettles and mail them to fellow Club members.......shit we help each other through life's triumphs and tragedies sometimes too................but........you mess with one of us financially....it is at your own peril my friend.

That is all.

"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2017, 06:56:14 AM »
dammit, either i missed the aforementioned drama, or i don't remember it.  :-\

hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2017, 07:06:36 AM »
@Mike in Roseville if you want to vent one on one about something that happened to you there are several members here with a listening ear, however, I don't want this thread to turn into a bashing session or a whoa is me discussion.

Many members have had bad experiences with other members, it is part of the reason why the @statesman are so hot about members who screw others over.  Those who do this do not stick around here long.

Nothing against you Mike, but please let's not let this discussion move forward.  If you want to talk PM me and I will call you up and we can talk.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2017, 07:13:18 AM »
Thread has been locked. We've all had bad dealings but they don't need to be aired here on the site as it could bring on a negative energy that the community does not need. Nothing against the OP just closing down this thread from further discussion.

HOLY GRAIL: 1960s Glen Blue aka The Imperial