Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: USA question  (Read 1864 times)

power

• Smokey Joe
USA question
« on: July 10, 2017, 04:35:53 PM »
Hi guys I have a friend in New York for 3 days, I'm going to text him to say to bring me back some bbq rubs. Would all supermarkets sell these rubs? I don't care which ones he buys! In Australia we have McCormacks and that's it. I have seen people talk Lowes etc, would they stock a whole heap. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Darko

• WKC Performer
Re: USA question
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 04:49:44 PM »
All supermarkets have rubs of different sorts, If your selection is limited, it's quite easy to make your own. Buy spices & mix em up.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2017, 05:14:30 PM »
Do you have Tony chacheres seasoning?  It's not a rub but can be used to make one. If I could only have one seasoning from the US that would be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 06:11:56 PM »
Do you have Tony chacheres seasoning?  It's not a rub but can be used to make one. If I could only have one seasoning from the US that would be it.

That or EAT.
Still need a 22” yellow

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 06:15:21 PM »
Dude, I'm not familiar with that. Is this the product you refer to?

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 06:17:50 PM »

That is a nice one, You won't go wrong with that one.

Madpap

• WKC Brave

Madpap

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2017, 06:44:40 PM »
I made this and it's my go to now. Very good.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2017, 08:38:25 PM »
When is your friend coming? I would just order some of the more famous rubs and have it shipped to his hotel.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2017, 09:40:17 PM »
While I understand the interest of someone living in a barbecue magic dust limited country, I find it to be funny.

I made a decision long ago that I was not going to buy barbecue rubs, seasoning mixes, or salad dressings. And I don't. As said above, they are too easy to make, and you don't end up with your refrigerator door crowded with salad dressing and your pantry full of little jars. I completely understand the draw of all the rub mixes seen on tv and youtube videos - but usually they just are not better than what you can make on your own.

People GIVE me little jars of rub. I get them as gifts because people know that I cook on kettles every night. "Hey, it's your birthday, so here is some Happy Heavenly Raging Rocket Pig Dust!"

So I still have the issue of having all the little jars and shakers of magic dust. At least no one has given me the gift of salad dressing.

Joetee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2017, 09:44:07 PM »
I have to agree about making Meathead's Memphis dust. It's the best one I've tried.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

power

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2017, 11:33:38 PM »
Cheers guys

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2017, 04:12:46 AM »
Tony chachere.
Old bay.

Those are 2 that should be in any grocery store. I can't think of any others but these 2 have been around for a long time.

Making your own from recipes on the Internet would be a great option as the guys have already said. You don't really need too much fancy spices and stuff. For the most part Im and pepper only  kinda guy. (Never mind the fact I have 11 kinds of salt and the million containers of rubs and spices I have gotten as gifts)
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2017, 05:08:51 PM »
A little harder to find, but if you're going to have one shipped to his hotel I would strongly endorse:

Plowboy's Yardbird Rub: https://www.amazon.com/Plowboys-Yardbird-Rub-14-oz/dp/B002TT46DM

This is the only commercial rub I use on pork (and sometimes chicken). I will often make my own, but when I do I'm trying to emulate this stuff. It's that good.

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2017, 08:06:06 PM »
It might be too late but I'd send him a bottle of mine if it would get there in time. I'm in the works to have it sold in Australia in the near future.

In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH