Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Sold my first Weber...  (Read 892 times)

mdb240

• WKC Brave
Sold my first Weber...
« on: July 06, 2017, 03:43:53 PM »
I was perusing the bbq aisle at Home Depot today and looking at the Weber accessory section with Weber Season 2 pack on sale for $2.20  when a lady asked me if I knew anything about Weber since it "looked like I was into it" haha so I played salesman for 20 minutes and went through the different features of each grill. It was to be a birthday present for her son.. I sold her a Mastertouch since it has the most features for the price point.  She then asked if I was starting fresh what would I get to be started off right. I put a Chimney, Triangle shaped wire brush, lighter cubes and some Weber hamburger seasoning..

I should have made commission!!

Good times were had, showed her some pics of my grills and she asked which one I had.. the only one I didn't point to was the Smokey Mountain :(

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Sold my first Weber...
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 05:51:17 PM »
Good man, her son will be really happy.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 05:52:18 PM »
That's cool I've been in the same spot. You can never go wrong recommending a Weber ;)
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 05:54:03 PM »
Great job! Spreading the word about Weber’s one person at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

johnny 2 shack

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 06:26:13 PM »
wow cool i'v given up trying to convince people on the virtues of charcoal /webers .

mdb240

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 06:51:23 PM »
wow cool i'v given up trying to convince people on the virtues of charcoal /webers .

She actually started off the conversation about how she thought gas grills could explode and not safe. Not sure where she got that at but she was leaning towards charcoal because of that. I told her I had a genesis and when I started using charcoal that it is a different type of cooking experience. I'm still new to the sport as well but I am trying to learn

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 07:25:33 PM »
I was at a Weber dealer this past week, and had a similar experience.  The husband and wife had just walked across the hall from the BGEs, and they were excitedly surveying a Weber MT.  The salesperson was pretty busy, so when he walked away I stepped in.  I did a good job of selling them on the MT, but when the husband lamented the loss of the side tables on his old gas grill, I led him right to the Performers.  ;-) 

It was really fun, because after looking at BGEs, everything on the Weber side looked like a tremendous bargain!  By the time I was leaving they were trying to decide if they should wait the extra week for a crimson Performer...  I encouraged them to do so, and suggested that they buy the MT in the meantime to get them through the critical July 4 holiday.  Because as we all know, you need at least two 22s to survive. 
One of the charcoal people.