Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Summit: Best Charcoal arrangement and starting  (Read 885 times)

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
Summit: Best Charcoal arrangement and starting
« on: June 30, 2017, 04:15:51 AM »
I have consolidated my collection to gain
More patio space. The 26", performer, and WSM   Are all going to good home with families that will love them and the charcoal summit be the all In one.

What is the best charcoal arangement and starting with the summit for long cooks?

Do you guys use the gas starter and light pile or minion method?

I'm used to minions starts on my WSM so this is a new world.

I generally cook my ribs and butts at 275 so any set up advice from summit owners would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

JordanW

• WKC Brave
    • Instagram - @bigtroublebbq
Re: Summit: Best Charcoal arrangement and starting
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 06:40:40 AM »
2-3 scoops with the provided bowl depending on how long you want to cook. Arrange briquettes evenly across the lower grate setting. Run propane starter for about 6-7 minutes with bottom vent 100% and lid open. Shut off gas assist. Install heat deflector, but leave 1 side flap open so you can throw in your smoking wood. Install drip pan (add water / beer optional). Install cooking grate with 1 side open, shut lid. Top / bottom vents 100% open. Temp will rise to desired window. Close bottom vent to "Smoke" setting and top vent to about 25% (that will run it about 230-250) Open lid, throw in 3, 4, 5 chunks of wood flavor. Close flap on deflector and cooking grate. Put you meat on. Sit back, crack a cold one and relax. You'll be amazed how long she'll go!