Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Kettle 18"  (Read 845 times)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Weber Kettle 18"
« on: June 22, 2017, 05:47:20 AM »
So a couple of weeks ago I made the trade with indy82z and I got a sweet patent pending 18" in red. Great little cookers these 18"s are. I just started cleaning up my newest 18" black OTS that I got yesterday. It's a DO code and in pretty good shape. I remember reading somewhere here that the 18" lids have a much better seal and fit than the 22" kettles. I know first hand what this feels like now but I don't know why. Is it because the lids are flat tops on the 18"? Can any grillfellas confirm that the flat top 26" lid fits like the 18" and the reason being is the lid is flat instead of curved?  I'm just curious and get to thinking about stuff like this. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
Re: Weber Kettle 18"
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 01:17:02 PM »
I think the fit is more defined by how out of shape the bowl and/or lid are as opposed to the shape or design. I have 22" Kettles that feel tighter than some of my 18"s and vise versa. I also think the older kettles seal better because I think the metal is thicker than the new stuff. I would also say the 26" Flattops might seal better because I swear just the lids weigh more than an entire 22" kettle..

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Weber Kettle 18"
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 06:00:21 PM »
18's are neat and have their own personality in looks and cooks. I really like my ots plain old black. The shape of the lid is interesting to look at for lack of a better description.  I would like to add a second handle to the bowl but can't bring myself to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app