Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What do you do with your tools while tailgating?  (Read 1466 times)

shamlax79

• Smokey Joe
What do you do with your tools while tailgating?
« on: June 07, 2017, 06:43:16 PM »
I'm planning on doing more tailgating and I'm wondering how you guys transport all your tools while your tailgating. I plan on having the usual spatula, tongs, grill brush, lighter cubes, etc. with me so I'm thinking maybe a toolbox but I tried with one I had at home and it seemed to not all fit inside that great but it could have just been the toolbox I have. Just curious what you guys do. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JDD

• WKC Ranger
Re: What do you do with your tools while tailgating?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 07:14:31 PM »
I use something very similar to a Mary Poppins carpet bag. I don't even know where I got this bag but it's perfect. It carries plates, bowls, cups, cooking utensils, eating utensils, serving utensils, napkins, paper towels, salt, pepper, spices, cooking oil, lighters, starter cubes. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but it holds a lot. You may need something closer to small suit case size.
May The Smoke Be With You!

shamlax79

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 07:35:04 PM »
@JDD is the grill in there too? Maybe a beer fridge?

Cellar2ful

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 10:12:37 PM »

I do a lot of tail gating and cooking at friends homes.  I bought a padded knife roll for transporting grilling tools ($19.99) My SS tongs, fork, Shun chefs knife, timer and Thermapen all fit inside.  Grill brush gets thrown in the truck bed with the kettle and chimney.

https://www.amazon.com/Messermeister-5-Pocket-Padded-Knife-Black/dp/B009GKC9TU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1496901149&sr=8-2&keywords=knife+carrier

Also bought a knife edge guard to protect the Shun during transport. ($5.99)

https://www.amazon.com/Messermeister-EGS-08C-Chefs-Edge-Guard-8-Inch/dp/B00063SH9M/ref=pd_sim_79_2?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00063SH9M&pd_rd_r=FP535631CVFXP54ZEAYK&pd_rd_w=5Zydm&pd_rd_wg=bxQYR&psc=1&refRID=FP535631CVFXP54ZEAYK

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 04:09:21 AM »
Find the length of your longest tool, width of widest and the height of the tallest, then go to Walmart and find the tote that best accommodates all of them.   

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 12:07:09 PM »
@JDD is the grill in there too? Maybe a beer fridge?

Ha Ha, I wish.  I have a Yeti cooler so I don't need a beer fridge. Packing the kettles is a little more complicated.
May The Smoke Be With You!

papag_24

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 01:12:40 PM »
5 gal Home Depot bucket!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app