Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Blue Performer, Purplish?  (Read 3910 times)

Geezer

• WKC Brave
Re: Weber Blue Performer, Purplish?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2017, 02:41:07 PM »
My blue one has sort of a purple tint to it but I don't care.  It's mine!

robert-r

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2017, 03:49:57 PM »
On a side note, how do people not know the age of their kettle.  The one I picked up on craigslist that is in excellent condition (other than the color) was Oh I only used it a couple of times, got it a couple of years ago.  IT WAS 10 YEARS OLD!!

Likely explanation is that they bought used.... so it's only  a couple of years old to them. Or they lie to you.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 04:30:29 PM by robert-r »
18.5 & 14.5 WSMs, 26.5 XL, 22.5 Performer, JJ, SJ, Genesis 330, OKJ Highland, Stackers, Roti Rings & Stick Burning Al Pastore Cooker

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2017, 04:04:27 PM »
That blue performer looks purple too. Just box it up and ship it to me.
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

mdb240

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2017, 04:27:39 PM »

Shipping would probably be more than a new one from Crate and Barrel :).  The wife is giving me grief of why I need another grill, I only have a 22" that I rescued from a curb and added new parts to it.I have weber gassers though.. she just doesn't understand.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 04:29:27 PM by mdb240 »

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2017, 04:34:18 PM »

Shipping would probably be more than a new one from Crate and Barrel :).  The wife is giving me grief of why I need another grill, I only have a 22" that I rescued from a curb and added new parts to it.

We all started with one.
Once you have 7 or 8 they start to lose count. Try not to group them all together too. A couple here or there is best. Maybe hide a few in boxes.

Ahhhh..... Weberitis.
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2017, 07:30:37 PM »
@mdb240

I know exactly what you are describing, regarding the purplish color. I've had a '78 MBH and a 80', that were truly blue in color. I've had three different blue performers and all had that purple metallic hue to them. I'm hoping to find a Crate & Barrel blue, to see if it has the purple metallic hue to it or not.

CnB blue definitely has a purple hue to it in the right light. Here's some shots I took in the store.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2017, 09:02:43 PM »
Heres another blue..

I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Cellar2ful

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2017, 10:24:33 PM »

If this is the shade of blue your hoping for, you probably won't find it in the Performer models. This is a 1990 OTP (with an added ash bucket).

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2017, 12:05:20 AM »
Dam, that was a sweet blue!!

mdb240

• WKC Brave
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2017, 02:26:45 AM »
That C&B one was how the Craigslist one looked all the time, in any light.  I don't think I'd mind a little tiny in since light... Just want it to look blue most of the time. I'm going to make the trek to see the performer but won't but it if it's like the Craigslist one i just got rid of.

That blue Rights frkm thr 90s

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2017, 11:19:31 AM »
I understand having your mind set on a color and then seeing something else when you get it in front of you. Weber has always done a poor job of representing colors online (ever seen an emerald kettle? I haven't but they looked that way on the website). Over time, most of us have come to appreciate that each kettle is unique, and we kinda like it that way.

Speedster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2017, 06:48:24 PM »

Blues clues?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Webers rule

mdb240

• WKC Brave
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2017, 02:04:23 PM »
So this is what I just picked up, another oh not sure how old it is.. marked 2008 on the sticker. It isn't as purplish but definitly still has that shade. Not horrible condition, couple light scratches but I'll see what the steel wool uncovers. Not bad for $100 but I have to get a new ash sweep that is kind of rusted.

When you guy's pick up used grills what do with the grate? Do you keep it or just buy new? Not a complete germ a phobe but not sure a used grate is my stylre

« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 02:06:00 PM by mdb240 »

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2017, 02:14:22 PM »
Me personally, I always clean up the interior & grates (if they're still in great shape). Then just run a hot set of coals for a bit. The other person's "yuck" should be neutralized at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

kob

• WKC Brave
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2017, 02:51:13 PM »

If this is the shade of blue your hoping for, you probably won't find it in the Performer models. This is a 1990 OTP (with an added ash bucket).

That might be my grail... birthday kettle and blue. Looks sharp!